Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago Miracle Mile Westin River North

dataspaz
By dataspaz,
in

I'm a veteran of Priceline and getting the best deals at that site, however, I was having no luck getting a room for 6/12-6/15 in Chicago. I was willing to stay at a 4* anywhere in the NMA - River North area but I could not get a bite on $100 or under.

I decided that this would be a good opportunity to give hotwire a shot so I started researching this board and hotwire's site. I was eyeing a 4.5* for $104/ nt with the following amenities - Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center.

After reading your thread about the hotels identified in the "packages" section, I really thought I was going to get the Drake. But, I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to get the Westin River North (formerly the Nikko).

I checked westin.com and yahoo travel - the rates listed are $299 / night!

A tip here - I went back and read the customer comments for this hotel on hotwire. Something grabbed my eye. Almost every customer mentioned how great the beds were in this hotel - i.e. Heavenly bed. This might be a tipoff for other Westins in other cities. If you see this type of comment - it might indeed be a Westin.

Great WIN, and welcome to BetterBidding!

If you re-check the Hotel List for Chicago, you'll see the Westin River North listed near the bottom of the list, with exactly the amenities you listed.... so this, as well as the Drake, were both possibilities.

With a limited number of amenities listed, as is the case here (especially common ones like Restaurant and Business Center) i think the certainty of the hotel is decreased somewhat.

No matter, you did better than you thought you would, so everyone is happy!

We look forward to your future Priceline and Hotwire results (feel free to post prior wins as well if you'd like to help expand the database).

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]