Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (University of Washington-Northgate) Hotel Deca

tbbunches
By tbbunches,
in

Started at $55 with chosen area - 13 -Univ of Washington, rejected; added area 2 and bid $60, rejected; added area 3 and bid $65 rejected; added area 4 and bid $70, rejected; added area 5 and bid $75 BINGO.

Did this for son and family - hope it is a great hotel. Looks neat. Their Bid Early and Save rate is $130. Total here is $98. Not as big a savings as usual but still good.

Used BB PRICELINE link. Now to try and find something for Eugene Oregon. Grandson is taking "unofficial visits" to check out schools where he may end up playing football.

We first stayed at Deca Hotel 6 months ago on a Priceline Bid of $70. We had to pay $10 parking + tax. After that, they gave us the same rate by booking directly with them after they learned we were there for medical reasons. We've stayed countless times with Deca, and they've worked with us with price every time and after they have to know us they also gave us free parking, and gave us a deluxe (larger) room because there was always 3 of us, except when they are heavily booked or during prime seasons. Such was the case this week -- we ended up canceling our $108 reservation (24 hours advance cancellation policy . . . ) -- and booking on Priceline again. $75 + fees, of course. I recognized it because of the 3.5 star rating and location. I bid for a 3 star (rather than 3.5 star because Deca does not offer free breakfast, and the 3 stars do) hoping they wouldn't upgrade me because I wanted a hotel that offered breakfast and free parking - - - but I got the "Best Value" 3.5 star Deca. It's OK -- we love staying there. In retrospect, I should have gone with Hotwire because I could have nailed the 3 star instead of gambling with Priceline that I might be upgraded to their 3.5 star.

The staff is just terrific. We've stayed there so much they know us by name now, and they are always concerned about how our medical treatment is going. They offer a shuttle to nearby locations -- we think their radius is incredibly liberal. Nice drivers. Nice van. Reserve well in advance if you have specific times you need transport. There's a nice Tully's (Coffee) adjacent to the lobby, a nice little bar/restaurant in the basement area, great little shops within a block, great restaurants in all price ranges within a block -- just a great place to stay! Walking distance to the U of W hospital and most of their clinics.

Today before we checked out, we tried to book directly with the hotel for the end of April, and they couldn't give us the good rates we have become accustomed to for the date we need (they offered $103). In looking on Hotwire, I see we could book at Deca for $89, but since Deca Hotel doesn't offer breakfast and charges $10 for parking when we book on Priceline or Hotwire, I decided to go for the 3-star Holiday Inn Express (Northwest Seattle - Northgate area hotel - $89) which offers both breakfast and free parking. We've never stayed at this Holiday Inn Express property before -- hope we aren't disappointed -- can't imagine we would be because Holiday Inn Express hotels are nice places to stay! In checking further, I should probably have just booked directly with the HIE because the Senior Rate was $1 cheaper after all taxes and fees (due to the Hotwire added fees), and I could have had a refundable booking PLUS gotten HI's Priority Points for staying there. Oh well -- lesson learned.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]