Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood

julis
By julis,
in

I'm new to Priceline!

I've been trying to find deals on W Hollywood everywhere. Hotwire doesn't seem to have a room available on the dates I want to book.

I saw a few people on this board recently booked W Hollywood so I'm now considering trying Priceline for the first time.

I need a room for May 21st through 26th (5 nights). Does the length of stay affect the probability of winning the bid?

Most of you who won the bid on this board only booked 1 or 2 nights but we will need 5 nights...

Also, which are the other 2 hotels I could get in the Hollywood area through Priceline?

I really want to stay at W Hollywood. My travel agent can get a room at W for 198+ tax, but knowing that there's a chance of winning

the bid@ 119/night from Priceline, I'm very tempted to try Priceline. or Should I just stick to booking thru my agant in order to guarantee

my stay at W?

What are the odds of getting the W these days?

Thank you so much! This board rocks!

A 5 day stay which includes a Saturday/Sunday is problematic because weekend rates are typically higher than weekday rates and are usually harder to win, especially in an entertainment district like West Hollywood. I think the $119 was accepted because the date was far enough out and that August has lower occupancy (There usually is a lull in Television/Movie filming prior to the new season starting.) You can keep trying, but I would recommend getting a backup reservation you can cancel in case you win.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you bid on PRICELINE, you could possibly get any of the hotels in that zone at that star rating. The list of reported PRICELINE hotels in the state can be found at Betterbidding's Priceline Hotel List for California. Additionally, rates do depend on dates of travel, and it may take a different/much different rate for a win.

If you want to ensure the W, then the best choice is to book it conventionally. Orbitz has the hotel for $209, and then orbitzdeal5 takes 5% off = $198 and change.

If you would like to take the risk, we would be happy to suggest a strategy for PRICELINE, but you would have to be willing to risk possibly getting a different hotel.

please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To headtrip,

Thank you for the advice! You're right. I wasn't taking the weekend factor into consideration...

I think a deal from my travel agent is a non-refundable, advance purchase as well, so I would have to choose either one anyways.

I guess I better stick to booking it thru my travel agent...too scared to take a risk.

Thanks anyways!!!

To AaronJB,

Thanks for your tip!

I also so the 209 deal at Orbitz as well as W's website. Unfortunately, this promotion is a non-refundable, advance purchase, so I won't be able to cancel it:(

My travel agent has the same deal. I really want to stay at W so I think I will just book it thru my agent...

Thanks anyways!

I've been trying to find deals on W Hollywood everywhere. Hotwire doesn't seem to have a room available on the dates I want to book. I saw a few people on this board recently booked W Hollywood so I'm now considering trying Priceline for the first time.

I understand you want the W but I'll mention that HOTWIRE is offereing the Roosevelt (or what appears to be) for $136 for your dates.

If you eliminate Fri and Sat nights, HOTWIRE has the Roosevelt for $115 for the other three nights.

If you're willing to split your stay between W and Roosevelt maybe your agent can get a good rate at W for Fri and Sat night, then book Sun/Mon/Tues at Roosevelt for $115. Just another possibility.

It's possible a $119 bid for all five nights could get accepted on PRICELINE, but it might get accepted by Roosevelt (or even Renaissance, although noone's reported getting Renaissance in quite awhile.)

I won the W Hollywood for 5/21-5/26 (Total 5 nights) using BB's PRICELINE link!

4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood

5/21-5/23 @ 119

5/23-5/26 @ 156

It was a bit tricky bidding since my travel dates include a weekend- Fri, Sat, and Sun as some of the members pointed out previously in my earlier post.

I ended up spliting bids in order to get all 5 nights.

Here is what I did.

5/21-5/26

Hollywood $99 - rejected

Hollywood $119 added Lawndale area - rejected

Hollywood, Lawndale, $130 - rejected

I almost gave up at this point but then I decided to rebid for only three nights (5/23-26) instead of 5 nights.

5/23-5/26

Hollywood $99 - rejected

Hollywood $119 added Lawndale area - ACCEPTED!!!

I was going to purchase my first 2 nights @ W Hollywood thru Orbitz for $198 /night using orbitzdeal5 promotion code (non-refundable),

but PRICELINE gave me the option for the extended stay@ W for 5/21-5/23 @$156, so I happily accepted. I could probably have tried another bid for

these 2 nights @ cheaper price than $156 but I didn't want to risk getting a different hotel.

Average price for 5 nights is $133.80.

I'm super happy with the result:) Yay! Thanks to those who gave me helpful tips. I couldn't have done this without BB's help!!!

*Could anyone change my topic title to "4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood 5/21-5/26", I don't know how to edit:(

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]