BUF->LAX 6 tickets ... June 26 - July 4

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I used the $10 bonus link from savings barn ... funny thing is, I was able to rebid over and over without getting the "duplicate bid" notice ... must be a glitch in the system when using the external link. I have noticed this before when using hotel bonus money.

Your Offer Price: $137.00 (per ticket)

Applicable Taxes: $37.00 (per ticket)

Ticket Cost: $174.00 (per ticket)

Processing Fee: $5.95 (per ticket)

Subtotal: $179.95 (per ticket)

Number of Tickets: 6

Total Charges: $1079.70

The taxes turned out to be less than what was suggested ... $43.00 was on the summary page before putting the bid through. The cheapest I found similar flights were $205+...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Departing Flight Information - Thursday, June 26, 2003

(operated by United Express/atlantic Coast )

Flight 7829

1h 10m, 291 mi Buffalo, NY (BUF)

Departs: 10:40 AM To

Washington, DC (IAD)

Arrives: 11:50 AM Aircraft

Canadair Regional Jet (Jet)

Economy/Coach

Flight 189

5h 11m, 2294 mi Washington, DC (IAD)

Departs: 2:50 PM To

Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Arrives: 5:01 PM Aircraft

Airbus A320-100/200 (Jet)

Economy/Coach

Returning Flight Information - Friday, July 4, 2003

Flight 118

3h 55m, 1746 mi Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Departs: 10:00 AM To

Chicago, IL (ORD)

Arrives: 3:55 PM Aircraft

Economy/Coach

Flight 1074

1h 39m, 466 mi Chicago, IL (ORD)

Departs: 5:50 PM To

Buffalo, NY (BUF)

Arrives: 8:29 PM Aircraft

Economy/Coach

Sounds like a great deal. I imagine like for most everyone else in Toronto you looked at airfares leaving from YYZ and from BUF, and found that BUF is a lot cheaper at least for flights to the US.

Was this a hard deal to get? The airfare bids I read on TOBB sound terribly lengthy and laborious, and seem to culminate in disappointment as often as not.

I find that PL saves at most 20-30 bucks off other posted fairs. In this case, I was able to guess which flight I would 'win' based on the counteroffers and searching on lowestfare.com (run by PL).

Flying from Buf has huge savings over flying out of Toronto .... and to top it off, you also get to avoid the hefty taxes we have to pay for flights out of Canada.

The best rate I found to LAX from YYZ was $200 Canadian more!!!

I find that PL saves at most 20-30 bucks off other posted fairs. In this case, I was able to guess which flight I would 'win' based on the counteroffers and searching on lowestfare.com (run by PL).

Flying from Buf has huge savings over flying out of Toronto .... and to top it off, you also get to avoid the hefty taxes we have to pay for flights out of Canada.

The best rate I found to LAX from YYZ was $200 Canadian more!!!

It's interesting it works that way with YYZ and BUF. For YVR and SEA, I rarely find the savings for leaving from SEA are worth it, particuarly when you add in that I pretty well have to allow 6 hours to get from downtown Vancouver and across the border to SeaTac if there is any rush-hour traffic anywhere or any border delays. (It's really only about a 2.5 hour drive in optimal conditions, but you can't count on that when a non-refundable plane ticket is on the line, and both cities can get snarled in traffic and the border can get clogged too.)

A $50 US savings, or even a $100 US savings, on a flight to San Francisco/Oakland or LAX is just not worth it, and sometimes it's even more expensive to leave from SEA. Neither are there any savings to speak of for overseas flights - at least so far. But I'll keep looking!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]