Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Baltimore (Airport BWI) Homestead

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

Well, I've reached low for this one. Because I'm here longer than I expected, I wanted to bid for a place that had coin laundry. I fished a bit downtown, but I was afraid of being upgraded. The 2.5* Holiday Inn or Courtyard would have done well, but since I got the 4* Hyatt for $60 last night, I figured I could end up at the Wyndham or something for $50ish. So I went for BWI. I was shooting for 2.5* (and the 3* Marriott would have worked as well), but I ran out of rebids before getting the price high enough.

So I went for this on Hotwire, where it said laundry right on it.

Price was $52 plus tax/fee of $12.95.

Amenities are as noted for Homestead on the hotel list, kitchenette and laundry, but it was rated 2.5* by Hotwire now. Clearly a 2* in Priceline terms. It's fairly new, but basic. The kitchen includes microwave, good sized fridge/freezer, stovetop, sink, toaster and some dishes/utensils/pots. Would be a basic but usable place to spend extended time. BWI is one of the few zones where Priceline 2* is not a bad bid, and 2.5* is really quite good. Of course, the prices are higher because of that, or because it is desirable anyway.

And yes, I'm a real stickler about this laundry stuff. If I had gone back to the Hyatt, for instance, I dunno what it would have cost, and if it would be done in time. And published rates for tonight were astronomical even as I suspect I would still have gotten the Hyatt for dirt cheap. Weird. There were some cheaper published rates, but not at anyplace that had a coin laundry.

At least if I have to stay tomorrow night (and I might), I won't have to worry about that again.

Lemmee know if I need to give more bid info.

Thank you for the report and the update on the star rating upgrade.

Are there any laundromats in the area you could have focussed on? Most around here offer 'wash and fold' service, but rates vary dramatically, about .85/lb where i live but you can go to some neighboring towns and have it done for about half that!

Sounds like it worked 'ok' for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]