Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlanta (Marietta) Hilton ... 4/7/10-4/11/10

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I am attending a conference at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center between April 7 and 11. I want to either stay at the conference center or as close to it as possible.

What other hotels are close to this property (i am still trying to find out), and more importantly, what bidding strategies would you suggest to locate me either in this hotel or as close to it as possible.

thanks in advance, Noela

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any 4* or higher in the zone you're bidding at.

Have you looked at HOTWIRE since you're trying to get close to the conference center. I would say that HOTWIRE is safer in this case. Unless you're ok with all the hotels in the PRICELINE zone.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

This hotel is located at 500 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, GA 30064. If you enter this address at MAPS and HOTELS.com you'll be able to see the location of this hotel as well as other hotels which are in proximity to this property.

On PRICELINE this property is loated in the Marietta zone... are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Marietta...

Bid $30, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

thanks very much for the suggested strategies. I tried all the rebids and it didn't work. I will wait till tomorrow and try again. In the meantime, I checked Hotwire, and there is a 3.5* Hotel with the following amenities:

3.5-star hotel in Marietta

This hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms: Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center: Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s): Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s): Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center: Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities: <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access: Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Would it be possible to identify this hotel based on these specs. I think it is one of the CrownPlaza's in Mariettta

Thanks in advance, Noela

3.5-star hotel in Marietta

This hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Please list just the amenity names, and not the descriptions, as you can see how much the quote box is above to read than what you had posted above.

The icons above are have been seen associated with the Marriott Northwest so that would be my best guess.

Would this work for your plans or do you want to continue bidding higher via PRICELINE?

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks very much and I understand your caution. I will note that for the future. That property may not work for me -- so I want to increase my bid to a max of $60 for a 3* in Marietta -- i think this may be an over-bid, but i want to try.

Thanks in advance for any suggested strategies

rgds, Noela

24 hours from your last rejected bid i'd try as follows:

Using your FIVE re-bid zones. (NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Marietta...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Marietta and re-bid zone5...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thereuare,

Thanks very much for all the efforts spent trying to help me. I realized it is important for me to stay at the conference hotel (instead of commuting daily to it) so i would have to manage and get a rate there. The best rate I am coming up with now is $93/night + tax. I will have to see if I can get some discount codes to book it directly.

Thanks again for your help....

rgs, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]