PHL -- ATL, 4/7/10 -- 4/11/10

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

Good evening to you all. I am looking for booking advice on a trip from Philadelphia to Atlanta between April 7 to April 11.

I use the airfare checker and most prices are around $184 ($164 + fees inclusive). I tried booking starting at $60.00 and got rejected. What bidding strategies would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

rgds, Noela

Your $60 bid is a better than 50% discount (seeking nearly a 67% discount) to conventionally booked fares, and the discount on airfare bidding is usually not that much in the current environment.

You can use the tips/techniques in Priceline Airfare Bidding thread (see the second post especially) to get re-bids on airfare, so you can continue to bid an increase your price from $60 by $5/$10 per re-bid until you reach your maximum.

Do keep in mind that you can't control your flight times, which means you could receive a late departure on the 4/7 and an early return on 4/11, essentially making your trip a 2 day stay instead of 4 days, so keep that in mind when setting your maximum bid price vs. paying the going retail rate.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (success or failure)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, thanks very much. Since I need to be certain on my travel times, I will try and book conventionally.

Thanks again for all your help, but I am have another question about bidding for a hotel room in the

Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center or one of the hotels close to it. I would appreciate some thoughts on your bidding strategies.

warmest regards, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]