Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Marriott Anaheim Suites

Squall
By Squall,
in

As some of u know, i recently went through a battle with priceline over a two day trip to Los ANgeles mainly so i can see the price is right. Now I want to add to my vacation and spend two days in Anaheim. Using my two previous successes from this year and last; i tried to bid the following:

3.5* Orange-Garden Grove $41 (last year i scored the Hyatt) = Miss

Add 3* and Disneyland-anaheim $35 (scored the Holiday Inn two months ago) = Miss

Unless anyone has an idea, I think i'll just try the same thing tomorrow; but increase my bid to $45 and if that misses, decrease star rating, if that misses; add zone and possibly raise bid to $50.

or just say screw it and try to aim for an Extended stay (which i stayed at one two years ago; and it wasnt that bad)

Thanks again for all your help; and yes i use the PRICELINE link available on this site.

"As long as you don't get your hopes up you can take anything...you feel less pain" ~ Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)

and yes; i use the PRICELINE link with every purchase.

I know my way around the city pretty well; So i am comfortable staying in either. Figuring most of the hotels in the Disneyland area are connected by an ART shuttle, or within reasonable distance of one; its all gravy to me.

"As long as you don't get your hopes up you can take anything...you feel less pain" ~ Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)

So to confirm your fine with a 3* or higher rated hotel in either the Orange-Garden Grove or Disneyland-Anaheim zones?

What is your maximum bid at each star level? Would you prefer to spend more on a higher rated hotel or is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Honestly; i was triyng to see if i could snag the same rates i placed for similar resorts during my previous two stays.

Preferably if i can get a 3.5 star for $55-60 or a 3 star from $40-55 it would be awesome.

I'll probably place a bid when i get in from school this evening.

(This is a person strategy note; you guys can use it to help if needed)

Zones 1(anaheim hills) and 11 (Seal beach) do not offer 3.5*

Zones 8 (Laguna Beach) and 9 (Laguna Hills - mission Viejo) don't even offer 3*

You actually have FOUR re-bid zones at the 3.5* level and NONE at the 3* level... both Laguna Hills and Laguna Beach offer 3* hotel bidding. Are you using the techniques in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine your re-bid zones?

If you're unsure of re-bidding please ask the board questions and/or help and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

I would bid as follows:

Select 3.5* Orange-Garden Grove and Disneyland Anaheim...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Orange-Garden Grove...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Disneyland Anaheim...

Select 3* Orange-Garden Grove and Disneyland-Anaheim...

Bid $45

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You actually have FOUR re-bid zones at the 3.5* level and NONE at the 3* level... both Laguna Hills and Laguna Beach offer 3* hotel bidding. Are you using the techniques in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine your re-bid zones?

If you're unsure of re-bidding please ask the board questions and/or help and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

I would bid as follows:

Select 3.5* Orange-Garden Grove and Disneyland Anaheim...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Orange-Garden Grove...

Select 3* Disneyland Anaheim...

Select 3* Orange-Garden Grove and Disneyland-Anaheim...

Bid $45

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You're right about the two zones that offer 3 stars. For some strange reason when i did my zone click check; i didnt see the 3* link highlighted (or who knows; my eyes could have been playing tricks on me) according to the email I recieved through priceline; my 24 hour clock begins in about 10 minutes. So i'll try everything as suggested.

Marriott Anaheim suites for $50 (my dumb-self forgot to select the garden grove zone the first time and i did both add zone and upped bidding; as i know i could have gotten it for a couple bucks cheaper; but its all water under the bridge

Once again, thank you for all of your help; and if i can; i want to post pictures and do a review.

(Let's just hope the Ducks win that Friday vs. Vancouver)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]