Hotwire Hotel: HELP please - 3.5* LAX - hotwire

linchen
By linchen,
in

Hello :o

I've never used Hotwire (or priceline) before, so I hope to get some help from you profis :)

This is the info I got from hotwire:

Stay: March 15th - March 22th

Area: LAX

Hotel-Info:

customer favourite

best value

Shuttle

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

High Speed Internet

laundry facilities (self service)

Price: 57 $ per night

I thought from reading in your forum that this hotel might be the Crowne Plaza, but now I found out that the homepage of the Crowne Plaza says, that it has a 24-hour business center :)

What do you think?

linchen

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess is that this is indeed the Crowne Plaza.... not all the amenities that the hotel has necessarily have to be shown.

The price of this is a bit more than we usually see necessary on a Priceline purchase, but with Priceline you'll have a little less control of 'knowing' the actual property beforehand. You can see our PRICELINE HOTELS list for the LAX zone and see if you are comfortable with all of those properties or not.

If you'd like to try Priceline let us know and we'll provide a suggested bidding strateyg for you to follow. If you'd like to stick with the Hotwire selection above, please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Let us know whatever you decide to do and if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

@thereuare

thank you so much for your nice answer and explanation :)

I would be also happy to hear about the priceline strategy, but I'm a little bit scared since there is no 4* oder 3,5* zone in LAX area :)

I chose the LAX area in order to see planes landing or starting, this is so fascinating to me, and originally I wanted to go for the hotwire 4* LAX hotel for 85 $ (I think it's the Sheraton Gateway) but they don't have smoking rooms...

linchen

PS: the link to begin the purchase is not working??

Priceline does not use a 3.5* in their rating system, so i wouldn't let that deter you. Also, ratings systems are not universal (as you can see with the fact that Priceline doesn't use a 3.5* in their system), and some believe that some Hotwire hotels are over-rated... so there is a chance that a Hotwire 3.5* or 4* is actually the same hotel as a Priceline 3*. However, if you like to watch planes take off and land (from the hotel room) you may want to be able to have a little more control over <hopefully> figuring out the hotel beforehand so that you can ascertain whether it will have a view of the flight path or not.

BTW, check out the picture i posted in this thread MAHO BAY... if you like to watch planes take off and land (as i do too) this is definately a place you should consider for a future trip!

Let us know if you still have a problem with the above link.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]