By WillTravel,
in

TRAVELLER'S INN - EXPRESS

626 GORGE ROAD EAST

Victoria, British Columbia V8T 2W6

Canada

Amenities: Breakfast, Laundry Facilities

Zone: Downtown Victoria

I had bid $25 for a 1* on Priceline and got a counteroffer to add $6. So I decided to use Hotwire, which at least offered a complimentary breakfast.

This is the one time I've been surprised. Hotwire's Downtown Victoria map looked smaller in area than Priceline's, and I hadn't even thought of this hotel. But it will be interesting to try a new hotel and slightly different area. But I should have seen it was possible.

Oops - I can't edit this. I had actually gotten $28 on my Netscape 4.5 browser, but it crashed repeatedly when I tried to book it. I got $29 on Mozilla, and $30 on Internet Explorer, so I actually took the $29 one. Bid through SavingsBarn.com .

Scorp or others, do you know anything about this area?

Edit: I'm looking at the map again, and I'm wondering if this hotel is outside the zone. This hotel looks too far north to me.

Glad to see you use all your available resources and thank you for using SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase :)

This hotel definately appears to be in the North Victoria zone according to the map i'm looking at. It seems to be located north of George Rd East, where George Rd East intersects Government St.... that area is clearly in the North zone and not Downtown.

Let us know if you pursue anything with this discrepancy and what Hotwire's response is.

Thanks again!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's very close to the border, but you and thereuare are correct - it is not inside the Downtown Victoria zone according to the Hotwire map. It is located in an area called Rock Bay, which is not the most desireable area. Although I suspect you would find it within reasonable walking distance of downtown, it is kind of a mixed use neighbourhood that is not that picturesque, and you would be quite right to ask Hotwire to reconsider their classification and make it up to you somehow.

Also, given that your dates are so close, I would phone them and insist that someone get back to me ASAP.

Traveller's Inns have sprung up all over town, all owned by the same person. They are varied in their ages and locations, but basically tend to be renovated motels.

Thanks Scorp. I think I will phone them. The email I got back said they'd research it and get back to me within four business days. So that might be after I stay there!

I actually expected this hotel might be one of the Travellers Inns that are closer to downtown. I stayed at one of those once, and it was perfectly fine.

Maybe this will make up for it:

Thank you for your feedback about your upcoming stay at the TRAVELLER'S

INN - EXPRESS in Victoria. Customer feedback is an important component

in ensuring a quality product on Hotwire. We apologize that when you

made your selection on our Web site, the name of the city area did not

accurately reflect the location of the hotel. We will be updating this

information on the Web site.

As such, we would like to offer you the option of either canceling the

reservation for a full refund, or keeping the reservation and receiving

50 HotDollars. One HotDollar is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value

when used for any future purchase on the Hotwire Web site. Should you

choose to cancel, we would be happy to assist you in rebooking to be

certain that you are accommodated during your trip. Please respond with

your decision by replying to this email or by calling 1-866-HOTWIRE

(468-9473).

==============

I telephoned, and decided to take Option #2, so I get the $50 HotDollars for my next purchase. That will definitely make me use Hotwire at least once more in the future!

It's now been switched in my account to North Victoria - Saanich - Esquimalt.

I phoned them up, and this is the first time I've had an issue with two beds. But they're going to try to get a cot in, but couldn't guarantee anything. Otherwise, I guess we'll be lugging along a sleeping bag, since I know my daughter will refuse to sleep in the same bed as her mother! I put down one adult and one child, but I should have put down two adults and one child. We'll see what happens when we arrive.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]