Priceline Hotel: 4* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) Hyatt Regency

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

See previous thread. Damned if I wasn't right. 60 bucks!

One room, one night

4* with only Inner Harbor zone

$60 (Tax and fees $15.25)

Win on first try

I can't believe $10 less hit on first try. I was researching other zones for free rebids, sure that $60 would be rejected. How low could it have gone? I don't think I'll be staying a third night to find out, but it sure must be a slow week.

Now, the trick will be if I can get them to let me stay over in this room vs checking out and checking in again. Some people have apparently gotten bad rooms here in the past, but I'm content with this one. It's an odd shape here in the far back corner, but it's just me in here, can't complain at all. I'll let you know how it goes. (Anyone else ever tried this and succeeded at any hotel?)

I've had multiple reservations at hotels when checking in, but never extended a stay while i was already there.

It shouldn't be a problelm at all, but i'd call down now (while they're not busy... have it taken care of before the check-in/check-out rush) and tell them that you've just reserved another nite and if they'd put a block on your current room so that you won't have to change rooms. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Thanks for the post (and congratulations on keeping with your new year's resolution)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Heh, that probably would have been a good idea, but I went to bed right after I posted that. Anyway, it was no problem getting it done about 7:45 this morning down at the front desk. I just stopped there on my way out. I did need to get a new room key as my current one was to expire later that day she said. But I had no trouble using the new one when I got back tonight. Very friendly and efficient staff here, well, the contact I've had with them anyway. (No food service at all in my case.) And nobody who knew I was on a Priceline bid seemed to have any attitude about it at all. It might help that I have nothing to complain about (except that their guide in the room had the wrong hours of the shop, which affected me last night. Oh, well, BFD.)

BTW, I guess I should say my reference to "previous thread" meant my thread where for the previous night I had bid $70 and got on the first try, and worried that I bid too much. That's just in case these threads someday get out of whack, which they could I suppose. :)

I'm not bidding for a third night yet. Going to check out tomorrow in the hopes that I'll be heading for home at the end of the day, or maybe heading for my mother's house which is just a small detour on the way home. (Yes, have to drive home to PIT, not fly. Waste to fly for only 4-4.5 hour drive.)

For the 4* hotels... I believe the Inner Harbor is the only 4* zone in MD (not DC) So your free rebids include Hunt Valley, White Marsh, Airport. Usually I can get my bid in within those 3 free zones, because I refuse to spend more than $80 for the inner harbor.

The 3* zones are much more tricky. The 4*'s are pretty easy!

With my luck 70-73 will almost always net me the Hyatt. I've tried 60 and 65 before without luck, so you did GREAT with the $60 winning bid!

Congrats!

The folks at the Hyatt have been lovely to me in the past. I complained about my last trip with them (not really a scathing complaint... just a little tiny problem) and they offered me a free room for a future visit. Cant go wrong with that! I'm NOT a complainer by any means though. They really bent over backwards and I've never had a bad view, both my recent visits to the Hyatt have netted harbor views!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]