Hotwire Hotel: HELP: Coral Gables/Coconut Grove

janae
By janae,
in

I took a chance last month trying to get 8 rooms on Hotwire... and indeed, got them on two tries.

The best thing you can do is narrow down the odds against you with a little research... Determine the hotel, their size, how frequently do they offer rooms on Hotwire/Priceline ... and also, call up the hotel and say you need to do a large group booking and specifically how many rooms are they showing available ... often, they may say their wide open etc (best time to call is evening so, you are just dealing with someone at the front desk and don't have to get transfered to a manager)...

Also, I'd book it as quick as possible...

Only necessary to post on one board... we'll move it depending upon what service you ultimately use or have success with.

I'd say your chances are better than 50/50, but not 100%, as we have seen occaisions where bids placed simultaneously on two different computers resulted in different hotels.

Your chances would be better on HOTWIRE since you can match the amenities and star rating of your second purchase with those of your first purchase... and if the the hotel does not show itself again you can make a decision to wait, buy a different hotel, or purchase the hotel won in the first purchase directly so that everyone can be together (then total the two purchases and divide by 7).

If you need help with bidding strategies or identifying hotels let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]