Priceline Hotel: Bidding help for Legoland(Carlsbad) area

pril1530
By pril1530,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so i wouldn't recommend that given that you'll be SIX. HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, so you'll still be well over the limit... is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If so, if you search HOTWIRE for this area, making sure to include 2adults/2children in your search, does anything appear within your desired star level and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire has a 3* in Carlsbad but it's $102. That's searching 2 adults/2 children, the maximum that HOTWIRE allows.

You're probably going to need to 1) raise your limit or 2) accept a lower Hotwire rating than 3* or 3) look at adjacent zones that might cost less.

The Sheraton Resort has very large rooms that I think could accomodate your family and it's next door to Legoland but it's $129 on Hotwire for your date.

If you can accomodate your family with two Queen beds the La Quinta Carlsbad is $79, or $71.10 AAA. This is a newer and nicer than average La Quinta in a good neighborhood a couple miles from Legoland. Parking and breakfast is included and there's a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

The LQ also has "King Suites" for $98.10.

Thanks for all the advice. The LQ is a possible option. We don't mind going outside of Carlsbad. I checked Hotwire and there is a 3 star in Oceanside for $79/night. The amenities listed are comp breakfast, fitness, pool, laundry, high-speed. Any ideas which hotel it might be?

My best guess for the 3* in Oceanside is Holiday Inn Express Oceanside, with the addition of a Fitness icon since last report.

The HOTWIRE rate is $79 and you can book 2 Queens at HIE direct for $90. After Hotwire's fee the savings off retail are less than $5. If you want the HIE consider booking it direct instead of thru Hotwire because you'll have more leverage towards getting a larger room type, imo, if you book thru the hotel.

Another option: The La Quinta Oceanside is also $79 for your dates, 2 beds, parking and breakfast included. It's walking distance to the beach, though you probably don't care about that in March.

La Quinta link: La Quinta

Holiday Inn Express link: Hoiday Inn Express

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]