Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) St Gregory Hotel and Suites

MSulmeyer
By MSulmeyer,
in

Greetings,

I've used PRICELINE many times over the years, but I have never bid for multiple rooms at the same time.

I will be traveling with colleagues to DC March 24-28, looking for 3 rooms in the Dupont or Downtown area in a 4* hotel.

Through re-biddingwe went from $100 to $130 before pausing to wonder what we might be doing wrong. Ordinarily, I recall being able to get a 4* for myself for $90, $100, sometimes $110. But do the hotels tend not to respond as favorably when booking 3 rooms as opposed to just 1?

Would be most appreciative for any advice or thoughts.

My best wishes,

MS

A fews day ago, I was not succeed in bidding (up to $130) these areas as well. I know there is a dental conference will take place in convention center in the first week of March. Therefore, I checked with HOTWIRE website and decided to get a room for ouselves there. We are leaving for DC tomorrow. You still have sometimes, so you can take your time in bidding thru PRICELINE or you can check with HOTWIRE to see if any good hotel to come up for your days. Good luck

I've used PRICELINE many times over the years, but I have never bid for multiple rooms at the same time.
It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information. You've been a member here for over 5 years and your only other thread is this Priceline Washington DC request for help... which you never follow-up either :)

Regarding your stay above...

Rates are date specific, and there may be something happening in town (in DC there often is,either for business or political reasons) which is causing stronger than usual demand for hotels. What is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* hotel in one of these zones thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel bidding and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]