Priceline Hotel: HELP: Disenyland

cclaffey
By cclaffey,
in

Hey guys/girls,

I'm new to the forum and site....have enjoyed reading your posts from up to a tear ago!! I was wondering about some ideas on whether I should book a vacation to Disneyland now or wait till a promo code of somekind comes out. I plan to leave may 5th and return the 9th. Any help with from you experienced folks would be great!!

Thanks a lot,

Hi,

I don't really know much about Disneyland, but if you're interested in discount codes and other promos from Disney, you might want to check out www.mousesavers.com. They keep a pretty comprehensive list. For staying outside the park, though, I'm sure you'll find a few CA experts around here. Did you post directly to the forum that addresses the Disneyland area? Good luck with your trip planning! :)

What city are you departing from? What is the typical airfare from there to LAX or SNA? What's the best package you've found?

So far for me, it's cheaper for me to find the most convenient and inexpensive flight I can, and then use Priceline to get a hotel. Even the packages that say "kids fly free", etc. are not any cheaper than doing this. When I've gone in the past, we like to get the 5 days for the price of 3 Disneyland pass, although I know that would be too much for many people.

Hey all,

Thanks for the responses....I'll check out mouse savers for sure!! I'm leaving Omaha and into Orange County. I won't be renting a vehicle so flight as close to my final destination seems ideal. I'll try to piece it together separately, flight, hotel and tix, and see what I come with. So far Hotwire has found the best rates, 4 nights and flights for 2 at 323$/person is the cheapest but I like a hotel better thats at 342$/person. I will be going to Midieval times for dinner on Sunday and I was thinking Disneyland Friday and Sat. unless I can get it done in one day??

If so maybe Universal Studios on Sat. Can disneyland be done in one day??

Should I try to do both or would it be too much to do in too little time?

Thanks for your help,

The hotels are numerous, I am looking at the holliday Inn Buena park....its like a 3 1/2 star I think....pretty nice, I have never booked anything off hotwire b4 though....anything I need to look out for? I'm looking for a good price over hotel class, however I will spend a little more for a nicer joint...really I dont imagine I'll be spending much time at the hotel so its not of great importance.

The downsides of Hotwire Packages:

1) You aren't guaranteed a direct flight (i don't think this is an obstacle for you since there doesn't appear to be any non-stop flights from Omaha anyway)

2) You can't choose your flight times, but this is where the need to be flexible comes in and the reason for the lower rate. You have to weigh the savings relative to the fact that you may leave for your vacation very early/late in the day and return home very early/late in the day

Let us know if we can be of additional help. If you book, please use THIS LINK to do so.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI Buena Park is close to Knotts Berry Farm, but not particularly close to Disneyland, although I think there's an hourly shuttle. If you aren't renting a vehicle, how will you get to Universal? I think there might be a bus tour option (there is from the hotels near Disneyland), but you might want to check into that. If you don't want to rent a vehicle, I'd try for a hotel near Disneyland, and then take the bus tour option to Universal.

It's hard to do Disneyland in one day if you plan to ride alot, since you spend so much time in line. Unless you're just wanting to see it to say you were there, you might want to give it two days. If you have your heart set on seeing Universal Studios, too, do it like you're thinking: Disney Friday (less people) and Universal Saturday (less traffic). Either way, get to the parks early, as the later it gets, the more crowded it becomes.

If you do a package on HW, you might want to call the hotels first before buying to see what they have to offer for shuttle services and bus tours before you decide, since that will be a big factor if you don't rent a car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]