biddng 5*- don't want Resort

Ringman
By Ringman,
in

Am I correct that i'm screwed in this strategy? :)

Las Vegas in particular- There are 2 zones listing Resort- with no 5* or even 4*'s in the zones...

Do I therefore surmise correctly that I cannot use those zones if I'm looking at them as rebid zones for a 4 or 5* hotel (in the strip- in this case)?

Thanks in advance.... :)

• 1 month later...

Even though this post is old, I wanted to add new information for future readers.

I had a 3* bid upgraded to a resort in San Antonio. I used this zone as a free re-bid because it's highest star level was 2*. I was burned and not happy and am contesting it with PL because the resort box was not checked on my bidding screen. But be warned of the risk. Avoid all resort zones as free re-bids even for lower star levels.

This is not new information, this is the way priceline has always operated, as per the link above which was posted before your bidding mistake.

Creating duplicate posts re-iterating your situation does bring this issue to the forefront and can prevent a future user from making the same mistake, but it also clutters the board with the same issue and prevents other potential problems from being addressed.

Although many of us sympathize with your situation, no other users seem to have had a problem with understanding that a Resort is higher rated than a 3 star hotel, so i'd prefer to allow other potential issues share some of the spotlight (which is why most of your posts re-raising this issue have been merged into your original priceline win).

I'll also re-iterate what i have said previously:

I'll also add a friendly reminder to all of our users that without user support we can't exist to help and/or provide a platform to discuss customer issues that arise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]