Double the Difference Success Stories?

LglBlonde
By LglBlonde,
in

The Sheraton in Downtown Raleigh also used to work well. It was the only 3 star hotel in the Downtown zone. However, now there is also a 2.5*, which I believe is the Clarion. AND, the Hotwire rates have been more reasonable lately, making DTD nonexistent.

Last summer, we booked the Sheraton on HW on June 25, 2004 -

Hotwire - $149/nt

Sheraton.com - $69/nt.

Total Hotwire price - $338.95

Total refund $320.00

Net cost $18.95 for two nights.

Immediately submitted DTD guarantee request. Same day, got email notifying me of refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

DTD stands for "Double the Difference" and refers to Hotwire's current policy of: "if you find a lower rate for the hotel you win we'll give you back Double the Difference".

If you'd like help in finding a hotel room for your San Francisco stay, please post in CALIFORNIA>>SAN FRANCISCO - Hotwire forum on the board (this thread is for 'General Hotwire Tips').

You'll also want to go HOTWIRE first and look at how they define the zone boundaries. Let us know which zone(s) are of interest to you, what type of star rating you're looking for, your budget, etc, etc.

I'm sure we'll be able to help you get a great deal on a room.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Just got some horrible hotel in Fresno through Hotwire. Hotwire's price was $50 per night. When I called the hotel, they said their price was $45. How do I make Hotwire give me the difference? Also, I used the $10 off per night code, so my actual price per night was $40. What is the Hotwire's exact DTD policy? Do they compare their price before or after all the discounts?

Please adhere to the board rules:

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]