Hotwire San Francisco

slruud
By slruud,
in

Howdy, Steve.

I noticed the same pattern earlier today when searching Hotwire for Reno hotels for Feb 26-28. There is a 3-star for $54 that displays, and when you click to select it identifies the property as Circus Circus.

I'm wondering since Expedia owns both Hotels.com and Hotwire if in these cases the opaque Hotwire rate is higher than what you can book conventionally on Hotels.com? So Hotwire just winds up marketing these hotels using this method in order to capture a broader audience?

Hey BEAV...cheapest on Le Meridien website is $159/nite, so good savings. Does Starwood have double back guarantee? A shame this section is way down here.....don't think many people make it down this far. I know I didn't. Maybe WHEREHEIS will let us post in the appropriate city section.

Looking forward to our March San Francisco trip...wanting to try House of Prime Rib on Van Ness. Looks good.

Happy booking BEAV.

Starwood's rate guarantee program gives you one of the following two options:

1. Matches the lower price ($99 Hotels.com rate in this example) and lowers further by 10% ($9.90) to $89.10 (plus tax).

2. Matches the $99 Hotels.com rate and gives you an additional 2,000 points in their SPG program.

Haven't been to the House of Prime Rib in awhile (2-3 years), but it's always a fun evening, and definitely a San Francisco tradition!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]