Hotwire Hotel: 5* Phoenix (Scottsdale) InterContinental Montelucia

tweiler
By tweiler,
in

First post. I have used HOTWIRE/PRICELINE several time prior for Spring trainging in years past. 4 star Scottsdale with: Workout, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed, golf, tennis for $99.00 per March 12-14, 2010. Thoughts? Also 90% customer rating. Is this rating taken from tripadvisor.com?

or

4* N. Scottsdale: Resort, no smoking, workout, pool, restaurant, high speed internet, laundry, business for $122.00 per for same dates.

Thanks and of course I will use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Travis

4 star Scottsdale with: Workout, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed, golf, tennis for $99.00 per March 12-14, 2010. Thoughts? Also 90% customer rating. Is this rating taken from tripadvisor.com?
Rating is not from TA. No TA rating shown in the case of this property.

Would guess Doubletree or Hilton and not Firesky nor Scottsdale Resort & Conference

4* N. Scottsdale: Resort, no smoking, workout, pool, restaurant, high speed internet, laundry, business for $122.00 per for same dates.
Not seeing 4* N Scottsdale above for dates given. Was there also childrens activities icon? If so, then I'd expect Westin Kierland.

Please let us know what you get if you book. Thanks.

The set of amenities for the 4* in Scottsdale is a match for the Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, so that's my best guess. The 90% rating is the percentage of HOTWIRE customers that recommend the hotel (the listing shows a TA rating of 4.0 just below the customer feedback).

When you view the full listing for the 4* in North Scottsdale, you should see a link beside the amenities icons that says "See all". When you click it, HOTWIRE will open a window showing a list of all the amenities (the hotel listing will only show the first eight). In the future, be sure to use this link and list all the amenities when asking for an ID (of course, you only really need to do this when the initial search shows 8 amenities). Does the full list show Golf, Tennis, Children's Activities, and Spa as well as the amenities you listed above? If so, this set of amenities is a match for the Westin Kierland Resort, so that's my best guess.

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that you could click on "details" then "see all" to see a complete listing. I am an experienced traveler and have used the site but obviously I have a lot yet to learn. Would you say it is best to wait until the days or week before you purchase? Also in the past I have taken the HOTWIRE price and shaved a few percent off to bid on PRICELINE in hopes of saving even a little more money. From what I am reading on here is that they aren't directly linked and aren't considered equal.

Thanks again, your advice is very helpful.

Travis

tweiler

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

$126.00 per night, Scottsdale March 14-16 2010, 5* Intercontinental Montelucia Resort and Spa

Resort, Fitness Center, Pool,Business Center, High Speed Internet, Restaurant, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Children's Activity Program

Also;;;It had a tripadvisor rating of 4 1/2 circles. Based on the Hotwire amenities hotel list on this site it was down to this property or the Phoenician. The Phoenician has a tripadvisor rating of only 4 circles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]