Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Buena Park-Cerritos-Cypress) Courtyard

Andy123
By Andy123,
in

Please bear with me as I am new and try to learn. Without knowing the 'rule', i posted the following in http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry320541 and was suggested to start a new topic. I hope i put this in the correct forum this time.

The following was suggested when bidding a Santa Monica (LA area) hotel:

Select 3.5*...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $111, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* and re-bid zone2...

Bid $114, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $117

Here is my question:

So, do u start with the PRICELINE link from this site ?

And what is the advantage or why you need to close the browser and "use our link to re-access PRICELINE" ? Giving you another chance of bidding without waiting for 24 hours ?

Why do you re-bid zone2 before re-bid zone1 at this point ?

Another question is, for PRICELINE, is the "opaque" list of hotel is a subset of "retail" list ? in other words, will i win a hotel thats not listed out ?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

So, do u start with the PRICELINE link from this site?
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on this site to access the respective service.
And what is the advantage or why you need to close the browser and "use our link to re-access PRICELINE" ? Giving you another chance of bidding without waiting for 24 hours ?
You can't "UNCHECK" a zone that has alredy been bid, so by closing the browser you're able to 'wipe the slate clean' and select only the zones you want on the next biddng cycle. Duplicate bid rules still apply, but but closing the browser you're able to get 4 bidding opportunities per bidding cycle instread of 3.
Why do you re-bid zone2 before re-bid zone1 at this point ?
You would have already bid Santa Monica and re-bid zone1... so PRICELINE wouldn't process this request as it woudl be a duplicate bid of your previous submission inside of the 24 hour lock-out.
Another question is, for PRICELINE, is the "opaque" list of hotel is a subset of "retail" list ? in other words, will i win a hotel thats not listed out ?
There is a lot of overlap, but the two sides of their service use a different universe of hotels. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more info.

What are the dates of your stay? Which zone(s) are you bidding? What is your maximum bid? What star rating are you seeking?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks very much for your detailed reply and help move my thread to this correct forum :)

The day will be 3/20 weekend, and we are still wondering if we should stay at Santa Monica or Anaheim. Will make the decision and use your PRICELINE link to bid next week. Thanks to BB, I believe I have all the info i need.

After my bidding, should i post the result in this thread or start another thread with the bidding info ?

thanks

Andy.

Thanks very much for your detailed reply and help move my thread to this correct forum :)

The day will be 3/20 weekend, and we are still wondering if we should stay at Santa Monica or Anaheim. Will make the decision and use your PRICELINE link to bid next week. Thanks to BB, I believe I have all the info i need.

After my bidding, should i post the result in this thread or start another thread with the bidding info ?

thanks

Andy.

Ive seen fairly cheap( 40$ wins) for the Crowne Plaza in(Orange County board, Garden Grove, anaheim section)) Garden Grove, CA. There is a shuttle to Disney too. Would be a lot cheaper than staying in Santa Monica. I've "won" in Long Beach for the same time period too. I paid 43 and 47 for a 3*.

Randi

Happy Travelling, Randi

Just an update. Using BB PRICELINE link, i bid up to $48 for 3.5* and got rejected. 2 zones: anaheim and Orange Garden Grove. I need 2 rooms, 1 night 3/19.

I saw that someone got doubletree for $49 that same day, but i prefer not to get that. There is no free parking, no shuttle to disneyland.

So, i change to 3*, still didn't get that with bid up to $42. (2 zones: anaheim and Orange Garden Grove ).

I am willing to pay more for 3* at Anaheim for up to $55. What do you think my chance is ? But then i still risk myself of getting DoubleTree, right ?

If there is a hotel in the zone you're trying to avoid have you searched HOTWIRE at all? You can often take an educated guess as to the hotel you may receive based upon the amenity icons shown before your purchase, or sometimes avoid a hotel entirely (ex. if the hotel you don't want doesn't have a pool and you purchase a hotel showing the pool icon).

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates and zones, doesn't anything appear within your desired star rating and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided not to be picky about which hotel.

But I have tried bidding for 3 stars for up to $55 for both Anaheim and Garden Glove zone and still got rejected :)

I saw that many can get it under this price. And the exact day for $49 for DoubleTree. (3/19).

Do you think it maybe because I need 2 rooms ? Anyone know if #of rooms changes the chance ?

btw, since i decided to stay at Disneyland area instead of Santa Monica, should i close this thread and start another one under Orange County PRICELINE ?

thanks

Andy.

The win your reference at $49/nite includes your date but was part of a multi-nite stay. The other nites may have been cheaper than the nite of 3/19 and therefore the average rate for the 4 nite stay would require a lower bid then when bidding for just the nite of 3/19 (or the hotel could require an even lower bid for stays of 3+ nites which could also be an explantion)

Searching HOTWIRE for this solo nite there are fewer offerings than usual and rates are a little higher than usual too.

Are you willing to bid any higher, prefer to wait it out, or perhaps the Fullerton-Brea zone could work for your needs as that zone looks a little cheaper for this nite.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

I decided to do a 3* for zone Buena Park. Using BB PRICELINE link , I put in $42 and got accepted right away. I think this is a really good deal.

Courtyard By Marriott Buena Park

Check-In: Friday, March 19, 2010-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Saturday, March 20, 2010-01:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $42.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $84.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.44 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $102.44 (USD)

Thanks for all the advice, BB is GREAT !!

ps. I am not sure if this needs to move to Orange County forum, please do so if needed. thanks.

Andy.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the hotel and deal you ultimately received and that this will work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]