Hotwire Hotel: 4* Phoenix (North Scottsdale) Westin Kierland Resort and Spa

dgmassic
By dgmassic,
in

Hi - haven't seen these two covered off in the forum - appreciate any assistance in identifying.

Date - Feb 27 - March 2

3.5* North Scottsdale

Resort

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Centre

Pool (s)

Business Centre

Hi Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

$97 per night, 85% recommended

4* Scottsdale

Resort

Smoke Free Rooms

Pool (s)

Restaurant (s)

Fitness Centre

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

Hi Speed Internet

$99 per night, 80% recommended

Thanks!

gadawg22,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay.

dgmassic,

For the 4* Scottsdale property, if you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

dgmassic

4*

Best guess would be Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center

3.5*

I'm sorry to say that a 3.5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board. And i don't know the area well enough to take an educated guess for this. Maybe Admin or some other member on the board that can gain some info about this property. Sorry I could not be of more assistance

If you decide to book this property so please post the outcome.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

I don't have a good guess for the 3.5*... a Resort property without a Restuarant?? :) Makes me think they may be hiding an amenity or two... the Orange Tree Resort hasn't been reported to the board in over a year, perhaps it has been downgraded to the 3.5* level and hiding the Restaurant icon? That's just speculation and i wouldn't put a high degree of confidence in it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Orange Tree Resort hasn't been reported to the board in over a year, perhaps it has been downgraded to the 3.5* level and hiding the Restaurant icon?

The Orange Tree Golf Resort might not be hiding the Restaurant amenity. There are recent reviews on TripAdvisor that suggest that their restaurant is currently closed. If true, it would explain why Priceline downgraded the property to 2.5*.

Thanks for the feedback - will most likely book the 4* this weekend and will ensure to use the HOTWIRE link from this page.

Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center has a $20 per day resort which is a match for what HOTWIRE is showing in the "Know before you go" section of the 4 star listing for Scottsdale.

FYI - in North Scottsdale, the 4 star offering for $122 for that time period looks to be a match for Westin Kierland and the "Know before you go" section does not show a resort fee.

If the 3.5 star in North Scottsdale is Orange Tree, it is a timeshare offering large 1 bedroom suites and I believe no resort fee at the property and no fees for internet. The 4 TripAdvisor rating is a match for Orange Tree. This property is showing at $95/night. You could book just the first night and confirm that it is orange tree then book the remaining nights on Hotwire. Also, Shell Vacation Club properties often will match or beat Hotwire rates for adding extra nights (you can call ahead and inquire). I have been given an "owner rate" through shell when adding nights to a priceline stay even though I am not an owner. If there is availability there can be a lot of leeway in giving preferred rates / bonus nights. FYI - you will be "invited" to check in with the concierge who will offer you an extra night free if you go to the timeshare pitch plus 3 or 4 nights free in Hawaii also.

If the 3.5 ends up not being Orange Tree or a property you want, then Westin Kierland is also North Scottsdale as an option for immediately booking remaining nights if you don't like the 3.5. Would mean the approx. $5 more in HOTWIRE booking fee for 2nd booking and hassle of moving properties, but if Orange Tree you could potentially save $27/night vs. 4 star and get a considerably larger unit with 2 person jetted tub. No restaurant on site (closed for renovations); but you'd want to have a rental car for orange tree anyway since there isn't much immediately around it but plenty nearby. On the other hand, plenty (mall & restaurants) next to the Westin Kierland. I think Westin may tack on an internet fee if not a resort fee. Perhaps another member has a rundown on all the extra fees associated with each of the Scottsdale resorts which would be very useful in comparing final prices between properties especially for resort fees in Scottsdale.

Let us know how it goes.

After looking into 3.5 stars for North Scottsdale further, I should amend my previous post above. I looked at the 2nd post in this thread and it describes a property which could also be the Orange Tree. If you look at Feb 27 to Mar 1 (within the dates of the original poster) for 3.5 star condos North Scottsdale you can see:

For 2 adult search:

Resort, 1-Bedroom Suite, Fitness Center, Pool, Business Center, 24-hour Front Desk, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Kitchenette, Condo

$108, No Trip Advisor Rating Shown, No Resort Fee Shown

No Recommended %, No # of Reviews, No Overall Satisfaction Rating

For 3 adult search:

Resort, 1-Bedroom Suite, Smoke Free Rooms, Free Parking, Air Conditioning, In-Room Laundry, Fitness Center, Pool(s), 24-hour Front Desk, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Condo

$137, 4 Trip Advisor Rating, No Resort Fee Shown

Recommended in 90% of customer reviewers, 10+ total reviews, Overall satisfaction 4.5

So that means there are 3 different 3.5 star property offerings on Hotwire for the nights of Feb 27 & 28 in North Scottsdale and I would say any of the 3 could be Orange Tree. Either of the above descriptions as well as the 3.5 North Scottsdale Hotel description (previously discussed) could be Orange Tree as far as I can tell.

Orange Tree & Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas both have 4 TA ratings and offer 1 bedrooms. Perhaps one is the condo and the other the hotel for 3.5 stars with the 3rd property (the one without a TA rating) being a complete unknown at this point especially since no TA rating is given. I think Desert Oasis has in-room washer/dryer so that could be the 3 person condo and I think Sheratons often show smoke free too.

Perhaps the better idea (unless you want a large 1 bedroom suite) rather than shoot in the dark at the numerous 3.5 North Scottsdale unknown properties is to bid 4 stars Scottsdale zone on PRICELINE where many have reported receiving the Scottsdale Resort & Conf. Ctr (if that's one you prefer). If you look at the priceline forum, winning priceline bids around the time frame you mention have been reported in the area of $80-$90.

Thought I'd mention Westin since it priced out similar to the 4 star Scottsdale once the resort fee was factored in and since you mentioned the 3.5 star North Scottsdale. it's an impressive place and I haven't seen any reports of a resort fee at Westin Kierland but I'd recommend contacting the front desk directly - (480) 624-1000 - to check on any fees. I have seen reports of free (but slow) wireless internet for the villas, but those are separate. If you stay there or find out more, please share -thanks.

You might also look at the 4.5 North Scottsdale HOTWIRE offering which is Hyatt Gainey Ranch. A little more $$ though and they do charge for internet access and I think the resort fee is $15 there but they often waive it (they did for me and I have seen others report the same).

Thought I'd mention Westin since it priced out similar to the 4 star Scottsdale once the resort fee was factored in and since you mentioned the 3.5 star North Scottsdale. it's an impressive place and I haven't seen any reports of a resort fee at Westin Kierland but I'd recommend contacting the front desk directly - (480) 624-1000 - to check on any fees. I have seen reports of free (but slow) wireless internet for the villas, but those are separate. If you stay there or find out more, please share -thanks.

You might also look at the 4.5 North Scottsdale HOTWIRE offering which is Hyatt Gainey Ranch. A little more $$ though and they do charge for internet access and I think the resort fee is $15 there but they often waive it (they did for me and I have seen others report the same).

Thanks everyone - it was indeed the Westin Kierland Resort/Spa @ $122 per night. Booked it through the forum link.

Cheers!

Congratulations on your success.

Looks like quite a good deal for this Westin property! Glad you are pleased with the result. Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this HOTWIRE listing? Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Here are the amenities that were listed.

Resort

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Centre

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Centre

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Childrens Activity Program

Thanks again - appreciate the support of this community!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]