Hotwire Hotel: 4* $99 San Francisco USE help!

lovetotravelcheap
By lovetotravelcheap,
in

$99 for 4* USE for nights 2/19 checking out 2/21...

amenities are Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

price is $99

shows 4.5* for overall satisfaction and 500+ reviews.

Recommended in 90% of customer reviewers

any ideas?

My guess is the Hotel Palomar because on tripadvisor it does have 4.5 reviews but it has 328 reviews (far less than 500). It has 89% recommended on Tripadvisor.

The Westin Market Street has only 4 out of 5 for tripadvisor reviews but does have 500+ reviews but 79% recommended. I'm confused!

Lovetotravelcheap,

Hotwire is not tied to Tripadvisor; it has its own ratings so that is why there is a discrepancy. You're in the same boat as I am as far as guessing from these hotels:

Westin

Hyatt

Parc 55

Palomar

Since mine is recommended in 80% of reviews and yours in 90% of reviews I'd guess mine is either the Hyatt or Westin while yours is the Palomar. That's a guess based on guess though :)

Remember to use the HOTWIRE link from betterbidding!

KB

Sometimes Hotwire will display TripAdvisor review data and sometimes they'll display HOTWIRE review data. The display choice (TripAdvisor or Hotwire) can change from day to day and from hotel to hotel. Sometimes Hotwire will show a combination of HOTWIRE and TA data and sometimes they'll show no data at all. There's little consistency.

When HOTWIRE displays TripAdvisor review data you can go to TA and look for a match. When Hotwire displays Hotwire review data though, for example "75% positive reviews on Hotwire", that's no help in ID'ing the hotel because there's no place on Hotwire where you can look up which hotels are 75% positive.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]