LIH Feb 5-8 $19 compact from National

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I really wanted a convertible for this part of my honeymoon and was rejected up to $36

I have also been rejected for everything, over and over and over for the last few weeks working up from $12 for an economy. I had also been rejected for a compact before for $20.

I'll try and upgrade when I get there!!!

Your Offer Price: $19.00

Total Rental Days: 3

Subtotal: $57.00

Taxes & Fees: $23.40

Total Charges: $80.40

Squeegee, We have rented cars through Priceline for several visits to Hawaii, and if unsuccessful bidding for a convertible, bidding for a compact or mid-size and then requesting an upgrade to convertible upon arrival. It usually was not too much extra, although you can't be sure of availability.

Tell them it is your honeymoon and they may give you the upgrade for free!

Or call their local office in Lihue before you travel and ask about the cost of upgrades, availability, etc. I have found the local car rental offices in Lihue to be exceptionally friendly and helpful.

National Car Rental

Lihue Arpt

LIHT01

3073 Aukele St.

Lihue, HI 96766

Tel: (808)245-5636

Fax: (808)245-6584

Hours of operation:

Sun-Sat:05:30 AM-10:30 PM

• 3 weeks later...

I had great luck with cars....

HNL... booked a standard and at check-in, I was asked to upgrade ... I said "no" ... given a convertible <<< awesome!!

KOA... booked a compact ... they once again said 'you want an upgrade' ... I asked if they actually had compacts ... they said "plenty" ... I said "no" .... turns out, they had none and I got a free upgrade to a premium.

LIH... booked a compact ... I didn't play there game and declined upgrades ... turns out, they had tons all beat up and crappy ... so, I talked to the manager and said we're honeymooners (as Scorp had suggested) and she gave us a Jeep for $7 extra per day.

It all worked out great!!!

I'm so glad things worked out well for you and your new wife, Squeegee!

I have almost always found the local people in Hawaii to be helpful, much more so than in many other parts of the world. (If you're rude and impatient, they can be downright stingy with the service.....!!! But I know you would have dazzled them with your smile and good attitude!! I'm not surprised that things went well for you, you make some of your own luck!!!)

:) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]