CA Los Angeles Radisson Westside Culver City

Annabella
By Annabella,
in

I want to say thank your for your help and advice here at Betterbidding.com

I stayed at the Radisson Westside in Culver City and I must report, it was a nice stay, much better than I had imagined.

First when you arrive at LAX there is a desk where you can request help, they called (phoned) the hotel and shuttle from the hotel was there within 10 minutes. I was the only guest at that time waiting for this hotel shuttle.

I requested a room on a high floor, if available, and was given a room on the 9th floor. I preferred a one king size bed room but they had rooms with 2 queens only. I was told that I could ask the next day, in case the other type of beds/rooms became available.

Room was good for a 3* hotel and was also spacious. A bit dated, but OK. My pet peeve is this was my second visit to LA and the second time I got a 2 queens room, so I asked, just in case, for a king size bed the next day at midday, and was given a room with a king size bed on the 11th floor right away (the 11th floor is the "executive floor", didn't get a "executive room" though, but the new room looked better than the 9th floor room). Hotel staff was very nice and helpful.

I made a change of plans, I rented a car for 4 days instead of 7 (this hotel charges $14/day for parking), so I used the shuttle bus a second time to go to LAX and pick up the car.

Besides the complimentary shuttle service, this hotel offers: coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks coffee and tea every day and 1 bottle of water/day. And complimentary Wi-Fi (good service, fast). The furniture is a bit dated and TV sets are old tube TVs but the room was clean and had plenty of water pressure. There is a small refrigerator per/room and a ice machine per/floor. I liked the view from the 9th and the 11th floor. This hotel is close to the 405 freeway and my room was facing it (room in the middle not a corner room, if it makes a difference), I didn't notice the highway and slept very well. They also have the "sleep numbers beds" but this feature is not the most important feature in my book.

Neighborhood is OK, you really need a car in this area, within walking distance there is the Westfield Shopping Mall and parking is free there (it's not free at other malls in LA). Car is a must in LA. Culver City is pretty close to Marina del Rey, and it was easy to get to Santa Monica and the beaches.

Well, I just wanted to say that I have good things to say about my stay at the Radisson Westside. And as Priceline customer I was treated very well (no mention of Priceline at all, or "this is a Priceline room so we are giving you the "cheap room", as it happened to me once at some other hotel in LA, when I was told upfront that my rate was a Priceline rate, so I was lucky to get the garage view and nothing else). Thanks again for your help.

So if you happen to win this hotel, Culver City is a good area and the hotel is good for a 3*. You'll need a car in LA, so keep in mind the cost of parking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]