Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge) Royal Sonesta

Kev
By Kev,
in

I always find it a bit tricky to find a really good deal on longer stays. Some of the days may be very good prices, but it isn't often that 7 full days are great prices.

The Royal Sonesta and the Marlowe were my main choices, and I'd have been happy with either of them. I didn't really want the Le Meridien, not because it doesn't look like a nice hotel, it does, but it is just a bit too far away from downtown Boston. So I took a bit of a chance on bidding, hoping to get eirther of my choices. I kinda thought that the Le Meridien would be unlikely as looking back, the last person to win a stay there was almost 12 months ago, so I figured that my chances were good.

I was hoping for sub $140, and I started my bidding at $125, but no luck.

Increasing my bids by $5 each time, again, with no luck until I hit $145, and then my e-mail reply said if I increased my bid by $22 I could re-bid straight away. I thought that was a good sign, so I bid at $150, and then finally at $155 my bid was accepted, and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was the Sonesta :)

$1260 all in is not a bad price for 7 nights in a 4* hotel (especially #3 in Tripadvisor's list of Cambridge hotels), compared to the best Hotwire price I could get for the Sonesta of $1380, so a nice $120 saving over Hotwire, and about a $700 saving on the best internet price I could find.

I did, of course, use PRICELINE via the forums link, and appreciate the great savings I have made on here.

I hope this is useful for future bidders.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]