Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Cancun (Playa del Carmen-Playacar) Real Playa del Carmen

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

A new one for the board. But the amenities and TripAdvisor ratings matched, so I was pretty confident that the "opaque" hotel was the Real Playa.

This was a last minute purchase, as we were flying to Cancun and then taking the bus down to Belize. Since this route was saving $500, I thought it worthwhile to leave a day early and recover by spending a day at a place we didn't have to go anywhere.

The only problem with the hotel was the front desk clerk not finding the reservation, then after 15 minutes of looking while helping others, proclaiming that we needed to pay the Hotwire "quote" as all Hotwire was doing was making a reservation for us. I knew that wasn't right, but wanted to get checked in and not have a clerk decide to put us in a dumpy room.

The clerk did "upgrade" us (to a room with a/c) and the stay was great. So I just need to go through the paperwork of reversing the hotel's charge on my return.

Amenities

Resort

Near Beach

Food and Beverages Included

A La Carte Dining

Water Sports/Activities Included

Evening Entertainment Included

Daily Activities Included

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Hotel rate per night - Hotwire hot Rate: $119.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $119.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $8.53

Total price: $127.53

Of course I started my purchase with the BetterBidding link to HOTWIRE, before going to the Hotwire Entertainment Book rebate page.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear you had some check-in issues, but glad to see this property worked well for your needs and you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Double charge problem solved. HOTWIRE refunded my payment and gave me a $25 credit towards my next purchase.

I was curious if the hotel was still on HOTWIRE. A few random searches have it available in the summer for $59. That's a great deal! To bad we don't have the excuse of seeing relatives in the area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]