CA Los Angeles Hilton Airport LAX

AlSleet
By AlSleet,
in

We recently returned from out 1/13/05 stay at the LAX Hilton hotel. We booked this room through Priceline at a rate of $50 for one night. This was a pre-cruise night as we were leaving on Royal Caribbeans Monarch of the Seas for a 3 night cruise to Ensenada Mexico.

The Hilton had an effecient airport shuttle that took us from the airport to the Hilton. We had to wait maybe 5 minutes for the shuttle once we picked up our luggage. Shuttle service runs every 15 minutes 24 hours/day.

The hotel itself was very nice to look at. Spacious lobby, restaurant to one side of the lobby, lounge on the other side and a convenience store arcross from check in. Check in itself was quick and effecient.

The room however took our breath away and I mean this in a BAD way. The room itself was nice enough but it was small and had only ONE DOUBLE bed. This was completely unacceptable accomadations for two adults. It made for such a miserable night as we kept bumping into each other and waking each other up.

Airport noise will also be a big problem for anyone who is a light sleeper. The hotel is located at the end of a rather busy runway and LAX has planes taking off and landing very late into the night. The room was not insulated for jet noise at all.

For dinner we ordered rooms service which was efficeint and the food was good. We ate breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. It was decent but way overpriced for what we got. I had the buffet, my wife just ordered a slice of bannana bread. We both had coffee. The bill was almost $25 before tip!

In the future I will not bid 3* for LAX airport on the chance that I might get stuck in the closet again. I have notified both Priceline and Hilton of my dissatisfaction but haven't heard a word from either yet.

I have rarely been dissapointed with any hotel that I've received through Priceline. In fact, this is only the second bad room I've ever had, the first being in the 2* catagory in Key West FL. However, I'm not going to take a chance at this level with Priceline again for LAX.

Sorry to hear of your disappointing stay.

Hotel Reviews are one are of the board where i prefer things stay on topic and not a long dialogue between users as it makes it more useful for future users, but i think it's important to ask if you requested to change rooms at all or make any other comments to management about your disatisfaction with the double bed accomodations?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

As it was only one night, we did not ask to change rooms. We did write to both Priceline and Hilton. Priceline did not respond in any way to our concern. Hilton did respond but essentially said, "tough, it was a Priceline reservation so you get what we give you. You are only guarenteed a room that will sleep two and that is what you got." I suppose if both the wife and I were in the 120lb range then we would have fit on that bed but, unfortunately we're not.

At a minimum I expect at least one queen size bed or two double beds. He did state that they would be remodeling soon and that those rooms would be eleminated. I took that to mean that I'm not the first person to complain about them.

• 2 months later...

I stayed here in March 2005. Mind you, I was fully prepared to give this hotel a horrid rating based on all the reviews I've read on the net. But surprisingly, I had a very good stay!

I checked in at the Hilton Honors desk (blue card). The clerk was quite nice and didn't give me any priceline attitude. She gave me a room on the 10th floor. The hallways looked great from the recent renovations. Even so, I braced myself for the room itself. Pleasant surprise! The room was decorated in a sage/khaki/cream motif. The carpets were new and clean. The beds were lofty, piled high with a thick mattress, down comforter and 4 pillows per bed. There was an executive desk and chair, another chair by the window, coffee maker and a 25" or so Phillips television. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to wake up in the morning. There was definitely noise from the planes at LAX, but it wasn't intolerable.

The bathroom was clean but small. Neutrogena products available. Water pressure was fine. The shower had a large dial control, which I think would be easy to manage for people with limited use of their hands.

The fitness center is temporarily located 1 floor below the lobby (it will be on the 3rd floor when it's finished). It's open 24 hours. Pretty good equipment. Video terminals on every cardio machine (bring your own earphones).

The front desk accomodated me for a late check out. All in all, I can't complain one bit about this stay. Granted, I might have lucked out with a great room because of the Honors card or because I checked in at 9:45pm when the crappy rooms were gone. I would have to stay at least once more before wholeheartedly recommending this hotel as a good Priceline deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Surprised they didn't advise about a room with just one double bed. That is an unusual configuration. We stayed there in late 2007 in a room with a lrge king bed. Extremely comfortable. No one should accept a room with 1 double bed for 2 people unless they were advised in advance and said okay.

• 6 months later...

Stayed here for a week, Oct 22nd to Oct 30th. The hotel was nice. However, we got what I would call a Priceline view. The $18 a day for parking is a killer: Tip: The parking garage next door is $11 per day, save yrself some moolah...

IMG_0593DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_0594DesktopResolution.jpg

Odds and ends: The girl at the Bistro got 5 out of 7 peoples order wrong that were ahead of me in line, and then she got my order wrong. Its like you would order and she would just grab what She wanted to grab out of the pastry cabinet lol!

For $51 a day, I'd stay again.

• 1 year later...

Stayed there for 2 nights in early Feb 2011. The hotel is showing it's age, but the rooms were clean and reasonable, the lobby nice, the bistro was very good and the price ($55) was sensational. The shuttle service to and from LAX was good as well.

Probably correctly rated at 3.5*, but I've seen a lot worse 4*.

Happily stay again at the same rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]