By kmdunningaia,
in

Bid several times:

4* (NMA River North) $49 rejected

added Millenium Park / Loop / Grant Park (2nd choice location) $51 rejected

added Hyde Park $55 rejected

added Skokie Niles Evanston $59 rejected

added Midway $61 rejected

added Forest Park $69 accepted for Parker House Hilton.

A couple of notes:

Found it a little difficult to reconcile the rebid zones pinned here with the Priceline areas; never had that problem before. Maybe they've recently changed?

Was going to give up and try another day before my very last bid; hope I didn't make a mistake getting Parker House. I'm an architect and will love the historic lobby, but really concerned about the reviews ranting about the small rooms -- my 17 year old son will be with me! Will certainly call to nicely request 2 beds and a renovated room, but unsure if Priceline customers will get a break. Any advice from recent guests??

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. While rooms with two beds can often be hard to come by in large cities, you can call the hotel now and ask them to make a note of your bed preference, as well as ask again at check-in. If you're unsuccessful, i'd also inquire if a rollaway brought into the room would be possible.

Found it a little difficult to reconcile the rebid zones pinned here with the Priceline areas; never had that problem before.
Not sure what issue you were having and it's not clear from your post, but if you're using the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST on the board to determine your re-bid zones... DON"T DO IT, as you will eventually end up in a zone you didn't intend. The correct, and only, way to determine your re-bid zones is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Feel free to read this previous link and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would call the hotel and tell them your situation/request two beds. The Palmer is a historic property with widely varying room sizes - while they are smaller-than-normal overall (not surprising, as I believe this is one of the longest-running hotels in the US), you may luck out. A couple of notes: as an architect, I think you'll really like the Palmer and I would take a peek into some of the ballrooms/other public areas. The rooms/halls are rather normal looking, but some of the other areas (especially the lobby) are quite impressive. The Burnham is another, smaller property nearby that is also quite historic - it was formerly the Reliance Building, considered to be one of the first skyscrapers. It was designed by Daniel Burnham. The other notable Burnham-designed property is the Carbon and Carbide building on Michigan Ave, which is now the Hard Rock hotel. One last one is the Intercontinental on Michigan Ave, which has a fairly normal public space, but the property as a whole has a fascinating history -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterContinental_Chicago

My suggestion is to join the Hilton Honors program and after you get your membership # call the hotel and tell them you want to add your Hilton Honors # to the reservation and that you would like to request a room with two beds. Once you get to the hotel check in where Honor members check in and kindly request that if you don't have a room with two beds, could you please have one. Make sure you bring your card and show it to them. I have done this several times and have never been denied a room with two beds. Sometimes my Hilton Honors membership was credited for my stay. However I always bring a blow up mattress in case.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]