Priceline Hotel: 3* Somerset-Brunswick (Edison - Woodbridge) Hilton

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Pulled into a Kinko's to and fired up my laptop on a 17 degree afternoon to make my latest last minute bid for a room, this time in the Edison, NJ area. As always, I accessed PL through savingsbarn.com. Checked area room rates on Expedia before I made my bid and found out that several 3* properties were at $139 + with some properties shown as sold out. Hotwire was showing a 3* at $70. This area does not have any free re-bids but has 5 zones. Picked the Edison Woodbridge Zone and bid $68 for a 3* and received the following:

Congratulations, you got your price of $68 for a 3-star hotel room

Hilton Woodbridge

Your Offer Price: $68.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $68.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.37

Total Charges: $85.37

I may have opened my bid a little high, given Hotwire's pricing, but I saved $70 off the Hilton Best-Rate Guarantee. Whatever..... so much for best rates. This Hotel is close to the Metropark Train Station with frequent Amtrak and NJ Transit service to NYC, 35-45 minutes to Penn Station

Thanks for the report.

If Kinkos starts to charge anymore (at least here in NYC) for internet access you're going to have to start adding that to the expense of your hotel stay! :)

Looks like you got a great deal... thanks for sharing it and helping us add properties to the NJ portion of the board.

As always, thank you for placing your bid thru SavingsBarn.com!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Kinko's in Union, NJ has two desks that you can set up your laptop, you can connect with an ethernet (no charge) cable or dial up modem. You can also print out any documents as well for a small fee. This location has T-Mobile WiFi that charges a fee to go wireless.

This Hilton has free WiFi, but I got the last non-smoking room (also a handicapped room that was really big) and the WiFi signal did not reach my room, so I just used dial up.

I should also mention that the Hilton was but a mere 15 Minutes from the North Brunswick outpost of Arthur's Tavern, since I've never been to this Arthur's, I figured that I needed to benchmark it against the other 3 locations. They passed with flying colors!!! Also, there is a large Indian community nearby and several good restaurants to choose from.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]