Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

Lady Reeler
By Lady Reeler,
in

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the report.

We've been seeing this hotel appear on HOTWIRE very inexpensively lately.... so much that i wonder(ed) if it is available for less thru Pricelne or not. Did you try priceline at all for this purchase or did you just see a price lower than others had been having bids accepted for and took it?

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got the Grand Hyatt for a surprisingly low price in late March, too, and I'm wondering if the renovation they refer to at their official website is the reason. Although it does say the renovation was for 2004. Does anybody know if the renovation is complete and how affected the hotel has been?

Yes I tried Priceline several times. I bid up to $115 for MTW, MTE, UM-CPS 4* and 3*. I was trying to get the Park Central. That is going for less than $100 lately. I was rejected in all my bids. Then I went to Hotwire and saw MTE 4* for $116. Didnt bite right away. The next day I saw it again for $111 and I jumped on it. It turned out to be the Grand Hyatt which I thought it was.

The reviews on this hotel have been very good lately. If you go back to last year the reviews are not so good. I think the renovations had alot to do with this.

In any event, I am very happy with my purchase.

Thanks, this confirms that, at least in this instance, HOTWIRE likely had a lower rate for this property than Priceline.

We've been seeing Hotwire get more competitive lately in some markets/specific properties... hope it continues as more options is always better.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]