Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Millennium Knickerbocker

ourulz06
By ourulz06,
in

I am looking for some bidding strategy for my trip to Chicago. I will be going from 07/23/10-07/26/10 and would like to stay at a 4* downtown hotel. I have had 3 unsucessful bids on Priceline and was wondering if I need to change my bids to fit with the summer months or if I needed to wait until closer to the time of my trip to start bidding. Here are my bids so far:

Millenium-Loop: $50

rejected

add NMA River North: $52

rejected

add greater Chicago: $55

rejected

Thank you so much for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It is still early, but i do think you need to adjust your bidding to consider the summer season, which typicallly has higher rates than the slow winter months (which is when we sometimes see sub-$60 bids accepted)

What is your maximum bid for this stay at this point in time?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody can say if rates will go down, or up, between now and your check-in date, but given this is a 5 nite stay, and with the conference noted above, i would look to book sooner rather than later. Rates actually seem reasonable give it's summer and there is a 25K person conference in town during your dates, imo.

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Ok, I did my final day of bidding and my bid was just accepted!

Tonight I started with $68 dollars on loop: rejected

went back to main meny and bid $71 on NMA: rejected

added loop to NMA and bid $75: rejected

added greater chicago and bid $80: Accepted!

The hotel I received is the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel. This looks like a great hotel and it is much more expensive than I will be paying. Thank you for all your help. I will definitely tell everyone to check out your site. And I used your PRICELINE links as well.

I'm impressed - Chicago does not have a ton of hotel capacity, so a 25,000 attendee conference does effect rates. Additionally, this is square in the middle of the Summer, which generally leads to higher rates than this even on non-convention dates. The regular rate I'm seeing on Expedia is $229 for these dates.

The Knickerbocker is a very historic property (it was reportedly a hideout for Capone in the '20's and was the Playboy Club in the '70's) and was given a major renovation a couple of years ago.

Thank you for posting your win and using the site's PRICELINE link. Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]