Priceline Hotel: 3* Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Aston Kauai Beach at Makaiwa

pitflyer
By pitflyer,
in

$70 rejected, $72 accepted at Aston Kauai Beach for Sunday night. Rate at their website and at other major sites was $97 for the night + $12 taxes + $12 fee. Priceline charged me $17 taxes and fees, but I believe I will be paying the $12 fee at the resort. Hence, with this hotel, Priceline charged $5 as their fee, on top of whatever they included in the base rate of $72, which may be as little as $2 if the earlier rejection indicates their floor.

So I saved $20 over the standard available rate at this hotel, or about 18%. Not quite what TheNegotiator tries to sell, but something, I guess. I was at a conference where William Shatner was the keynote speaker. Next time I'll tell him to cut the rates more :) I normally find that rates at regular hotels that offer points are just as competitive with Priceline, but this location has only a few nation-branded hotels (Marriott and Starwood) and their rates are about double.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]