whplanet
By whplanet,
in

I used the search bar on this site to bid on PRICELINE and got the following:

Area: Waikiki Beach Area

Hotel Grade: Resort

Dates: 3/7/2010 - 3/12/2010

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort And Spa

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $95.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $475.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $77.30 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $552.30 (USD)

I started at $75/night since I've seen winning bids as low as $80.

I believe the night of 3/11 forced the price up a few bucks since a friend was able to get 3/7-3/11 for $88.

I didn't get as good a deal, but even beats the $135/night I spent in 2006 to stay here. Great location!

This is really frustrating, but the person I booked this room for cancelled on me. The roommate is still coming, so I still need the room.

Priceline's site says that name changes aren't allowed, but has anyone been able to either change the name on a hotel reservation or check in with someone else's ID? Or can I check in since I paid with my CC?

Any help to save losing $500+ would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't contacted Priceline about changing the name because it's clearly against their policy if you search their site. So, I wanted to get other people's experiences to be better prepared before the inevitable fight on the phone.

Are there any general tips when dealing with Priceline customer service? I assume calling will be more productive than email... it usually is with any company.

Priceline's site says that name changes aren't allowed, but has anyone been able to either change the name on a hotel reservation or check in with someone else's ID? Or can I check in since I paid with my CC?

Since you booked it under your credit card, you may likely be able to check in - Info below quoted from pricelines's terms and conditions

"Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card or, in the hotel's discretion, debit card, in their name that is consistent with the transactional details provided to priceline.com (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted"

I would bring a copy of your friends ID...imo

whplanet

I haven't contacted Priceline about changing the name because it's clearly against their policy if you search their site.

Yes, i know the rules :) But PRICELINE somtimes listen to strange circumstances. And i'm not the only one that have managed to change resarvation with them.

1. Contact PRICELINE and try to talk to someone higher than customer service.

2. You can also call the hotel and explain this for them and try to change the name for the room.

Keep us updated.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]