Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (LBV-Downtown Disney) Marriott World Center

willwill
By willwill,
in

So, i decided to get in on saving a few dollars, of course using the PRICELINE link here :)... Anyway, i'm tired. I live in Tampa Florida and i've been trying every possible location to get a good deal for Valentines weekend,.. feb 12th and 13th nights. Unfortunately, it's been all for not. Nothing reasonable at 4* available along the beach in Sarasota/Vero Beach/Daytona Beach/St.Pete/Clearwater I of course have the option of orlando .My Girlfriend would be ok with Orlando if it was a 4+* Hotel. I'm a little scared of the resorts in orlando. Based on all the BS fee's etc... So i guess i have to pretty much suck it up and go with Orlando of some sort. I'm not sure what to do, I BELIEVE i can lock in resort prices in the 80's for that weekend, but it just feels like i'm being violated. Considering they are going to charge me $20 a night for fee, and than another what $10 a night for parking? I see mixed reviews about the new Hilton on trip advisor, but i wouldn't mind giving it a try. The Bohemian Hotel also sounds like something i'd be interested in, but then again i am sure someone is going to pop in and tell me... This is V-DAY i probably should make sure i get a king bed... huh :) My girlfriend and i are 5'10+ so big bed is needed.... With that being said, that's why i also was leaning towards sucking it up and throwing down for a resort.. Since most resorts on Hotwire appear to be 1br or 2br "Condo's" which i assume aren't small.

Honestly, i'm just exhausted and curious to hear some opinions.

Importantance is quality of the room, & amenities. We'll probably go out to eat off site or hit up a grocery store (if condo w/kitchen) and eat there... I may try the $20 trick as well, but i suspect on vday weekend... It's going to be packed...

i'm very indecisive if it's not evident already.... Which means i'm worried that if i don't get a resort... I'm going to be stuck in some ghetto tower for priceline/hotwire frugal people... I guess it's all about rolling the dices? I did that at the mid town best western on a getaway weekend in sarasota... Best hotel stay of 2009... And it was $65 retail price.....

Edit.. I think i am going to run the bid train on the Orlando (Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney) area.. Seems all those resorts have good marks. If i can lock one in at a good price, i'll roll with it.

Moved to correct area, thanks. :)

Sarasota generally always seems a bit on the pricey side to me, possibly because of the fact that there is demand and not - in my opinion - all that many hotels (there's only one 4* - the Hyatt) in comparison to some other FL areas. There's probably going to be fees at many FL properties, not just isolated to the Orlando area. In terms of mixed reviews, with PRICELINE one does have to be flexible - like a bet in Vegas, it's a roll of the dice. If you want to ensure a specific property, WELCOME10 or FABSAVE10 are two coupons that may work for 10% off each night on Orbitz.com.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Orbitz links to start your purchase.

The Superbowl in Miami is screwing up all the reservation system outside Orlando for teh month of Febuary, anything south of Orlando including south of Tampa, you will have difficult time. Its seems no good deals until March.

I would try Hollywood and ft lauderdale beach 4 star starting at $90 and moving up $10, westin diplomat is $113 4 star.

keep us updated if you do win ,

Last evening at work, i had the range between lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney 90 and 100 for resort. I'm thinking about taking a shot and hoping it's

All of these seem ok ok trip advisor, i know one of these i forget which doesn't have the greatest reviews. But assuming, nothing new has been added and it's one of these, is the 90-100 range fairly good value? Seems so on hotel.com as prices are 200+ for these dates.

Resort Disney Dolphin (rare) tripadvisor review

Resort Disney Swan (rare) tripadvisor review

Resort Hilton Bonnet Creek

Resort Hilton in Walt Disneyworld REVIEW / tripadvisor review

Resort Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress REVIEW / tripadvisor review

Resort Marriott World Center tripadvisor review

Bad bidding by me, is making this more difficult. But i just got accepted at 95 and 93 with invalid cc's...Going to go back and try 90 next, maybe prices dropped today..Another accept on 90$ for this region and Resort level.... man this is going to be a pain in the ass. I guess next try is 85 so i can narrow it down to a $5 range

85 rejected, So that mean's it's either 86,87,88,89 or 90..... going to try 87 next..

88 was the cheapest hit. I would rather have a 4 star.But i can't get 4 star in any zones that don't have a "resort" upgrade...tchea upgrade...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]