Priceline Hotel: 3* Teaneck (Saddle Brook - Hasbrouck Hts) Radisson

Prof
By Prof,
in

I am trying to book a 3* (Marriott at Glenpoint) for 1/22 for one night, two people. I have to go for a meeting at that hotel and would prefer to stay in that hotel. However, if that hotel is too expensive, I am willing to go to Saddlebrook Hasbrouck (hoping it is not too far). I need help in figuring out how much to bid as I have not seen any posts. Also is the 3* hotel in Paramus Hackensack area quite close to the Glenpoint Marriott?

Would appreciate help.

Thanks

Arun

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What do you consider to be "too expensive"? If you let us know your maximum bid we can be of the best assistance.

From Paramus to Teaneck is about 15-20 minutes depending upon where in each zone you need to go... but add to that figure if you're going anytime during rush hour (8am-9:30am, 4pm-7pm)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I checked on the Marriott web site and the rate varies on different days from $99 to $108. If I can get it for under $65 (including taxes and fees etc), I will be happy. I have also seen some good hotels going for $37 (before taxes and fees) on your site. I have to attend a party from 7 PM to 11 PM at the Glenpointe Marriott.

I would select 3* and try $55, if that is rejected wait 72 hours (you have no re-bid zones) and try $65.

If you're open to other zones than the Teaneck area let us know and we'll give a somewhat more complex/detailed strategy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you suggested, I am willing to try some nearby areas. I would like to stay within about 10 miles of this marriott. I would like either a 3* or any Hilton family, Wyndham, or Marriott family hotels (even if they are less than 3*).

Looking forward to your complex strategy.

Thanks

I'm assuming all 3 zones in that region are "ok" then?

Mapquest puts Elmood Park (the western part of that zone) aproximately 7 miles from Teaneck, so i'm assuming this would be ok, but would want you to look at all 3 zones and 'approve' them before i included them all in a strategy.

I don't have a particular hote in mind, since you are unable to select the particular hotel you will get.

I also forget to comment on your question early about the Glenpointe being the only hotel in the area, to which i will refer you to the comments above each hotel list:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing.  DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

Thanks for your help. I am slowly understanding how to go about bidding and getting help from this board and bidding strategy. I am looking forward to a bidding strategy from you. Both the Teaneck Fort Lee area and also the Saddlebrook Hasbrouck heights area.

Not a problem... we just don't want to make any assumptions that a certain zone is acceptable, have you end up there, then have you find out that it's not where you want to be. We would rather be extra cautious and have a few exchanges of posts than have a 'mistake' be made because not enough questions were asked (from either of us).

So now we can roll up our sleeves and do some bidding...

Select 3* and the Teaneck/Ft. Lee zone...

Bid $48, if that is rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline in a new browser however you did previously.

Select 3* and Paramus (only)

Bid $50, if rejected add the Teaneck/Ft. Lee zone and...

Bid $52.

Based upon current rates and some bidding i did for a family member not too long ago i think the above has a good chance of being successful. If it is not, post back and we'll continue the strategy with some more bids.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

I really appreciate your help. I modified your suggestions slightly and bid $49 for the Saddle Brook Hasbrouck Heights area for one night on 1/22/05. Bid was accepted for $49 Plus $14.07 = $63.07. This hotel is less than 0.5 mile of I-80. Perfect for us.

Thanks for all your help.

What hotel did you get?

Good enough... you accomplished your goal of inside of 10 miles and under $65 total. I was actually leaving this area last since this zone is furthest from the Glenointe Marriott.

Glad you were successful and congratulations on your win.

I know this area pretty well (you may too, not sure where you're coming from) so if i can help with anything in the area feel free to ask.

Have a great stay.

Dear thereuare

Because of the snow storm, our trip has been cancellled. Just my luck, first time I try priceline and buy a non-refundable hotel room, it is not needed. Have you had any luck in getting any sort of a refund from priceline, even if it is a credit.

Prof

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]