Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Sheraton Manhattan

kbmcquain
By kbmcquain,
in

Just posting for others to reference. No luck so far. Looking for 3 rooms. Started at $95 and increased up to $120. Last year during this time, winning bids were between $105 and $120 (for MTW). I know it's a different year but I'm not in a hurry. Airline prices dropped in the last few days. Maybe hotels will follow. Will try again in a few days.

Used the PRICELINE link.

Tried again. Nothing.

One question. One convention for that weekend (from the Javits site) is the VisionExpo. I went to the site and they list quite a few (21) hotels with conference rates in their program. The reservation deadline for the conference rates is February 23rd. So, have you seen a relationship in the past between the main convention deadline and when the hotels release rooms to Priceline?

Unfortunately, there's no way to know. I've seen plenty of convention instances where rates remained high up until the convention and others where rates drifted South a week or so before the convention occurred. Depending on the size of the convention, the traffic may be isolated to the hotels within this area.

Tried again, up to $120. No luck. Also added MTE, up to $120. Nothing. I have been tracking the hotel rates. A few have dropped in the last week. Hilton MTW went from $299 to $269. The SHoreham, $299 to $275. Omni Berk, $232 to $210. Three others have gone up, but 3 of them less than $10.

Looks like I'll wait another week.

The NYC hotel market is generally not driven that much by conventions, and i would think the city could fairly easily handy 15K. Something like Fashion Week which attracts 100K+ for each of their semi-annual events has an effect on hotel prices, but i'm guessing 15K at the Javitz Center is not having too much of an impact on hotel rates, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey kbm,

I'll be exhibiting in the Vision Expo and am also looking for 2 rooms at a 4* hotel in the TS area. I might add MTW if it's tough to find a good price.

I've bid up to $130 two or three days ago without any luck.

Obviously I wasn't really expecting much cause were are 6 weeks away. I'm bidding for 03/14-03/22.

Another problem I have is that the stay is too long and as far as I know, priceline doesn't like that.

So I might have to divide it up in two and bid for 4 days and again for the rest 4 days.

I don't mind changing hotels in the middle of the stay.

I guess the best way to go about is to reserve, as a back-up, a 3* hotel nearby and if we can't get any good bids until a couple of days before we arrive, then we'd just go to the 3* hotel.

Like some people mentioned, you can't really get good bids until 3-4 days prior.

And like the other person said, the Vision Expo is not that big of a show and I don't think it will affect the hotel prices that much.

Let's keep each other posted with any new updates.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying on and off the last 3 weeks with no luck. I'd go up to $125, 4*, in MTE and MTW. Hotels during that time have creeped up a little. I also needed on of the rooms to have 2 beds and was seeing the 1 bed / 2 bed prices start to drift apart. So, after seeing someone else get the Sheraton Manhattan for $90, I decided to try that with 4 rooms instead of 3. Got it at $90.

Sheraton Manhattan Hotel At Times Square

790 7th Avenue At 51st Street

New York, New York 10019

212-581-3300

Check-In Date: Thursday, March 18, 2010

Check-Out Date: Sunday, March 21, 2010

Your Offer Price: $90.00

Number of Rooms: 4

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $1,080.00

Taxes: $202.92

Fees: $27.48

Total Charges*: $1,310.40

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]