Priceline Hotel: 4* Nice NH Nice

monw
By monw,
in

Bid $90, got a counter for $22 more....plus tax

Total tax for five nights: $71.20

Grand total: $631.20

Most websites are selling between $150-$180 for this hotel.

I am trying to figure out if breakfast if included ? If I will be charged extra for my 7yr old son's extra bed in the room and if they can guarantee a non-smoking room that week. I tried emailing them and was told to go through priceline with my requests. I don't believe priceline has live customer service. Any advice will be appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Almost all changes would be done at the hotel level, but obviously the hotel doesn't want to deal with it at the moment... you could try a 2nd email to the hotel, or as the hotel requests, try contacting PRICELINE (either thru the phone number on yoru winning bid confirmation page (note: you'll go thru many voice mail prompts) or by emailing the hotel, indicating that you contacted the hotel with your request and was told to conact PRICELINE, so see if they will contact the hotel on your behalf)

Are you by yourself plus your son... or is it 2adults plus a child? If the latter, i'd be prepared to pay extra as rooms for triple occupancy in Europre are not typically 'standard' and may be considered a substantial upgrade.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you make out with your room request, and please let us know the dates so we can add this information to the topic title and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline rooms are room only. Expect to pay around 20 - 25 Euros per person for a breakfast buffet.

Priceline rooms are only guaranteed for double occupancy. The hotel may or may not supply a bed for a third person and may or may not charge you extra.

Most hotel will not guarantee special types of rooms (such as non-smoking). These requests will be dealt with and granted or not at check in.

Thanks for the follow-up!

The "problem" is that you used PRICELINE outside of their stated terms (only guarantees double occupancy). In some areas, such as Orlando where it's family friendly and most rooms are designed to accomodate families and more than double occupancy, it's generally considered an acceptable risk. However, in other areas, such as NYC where rooms are notoriously small and many only have one bed, and in Europe where room standards are different than in the US, it can often be considered a risky proposition.

As i mentioned above, I'd email PRICELINE and see if they can contact the hotel on your bahalf and enter your room requests (or try emailing the hotel again on your own)... or make the phone call yourself (not really that expensive anymore with VOIP services)

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]