No Underage fee charged for 21-24 years old driver!!!

BINH PHAM
By BINH PHAM,
in

Dear everyone,

I got a good new for those are under 25 years old (21-24 only). This information I took from Priceline:

"How old do I have to be to rent a car through priceline?

Priceline.com offers car rentals to drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 years old in select locations. Rentals for drivers between the ages of 18 and 20 are available in New York only. Enter the details of your trip and we'll tell you if we can fulfill your request. If we are not able to fulfill your request and you still need a rental, we recommend that you check our partner rentalcars.com.

Please keep in mind that rental companies charge renters under the age of 25 Young Renter Fees. These fees typically start at $20 per day and can be as much as $50 per day for high cost locations or more desirable car types. So a rental car that normally costs $30 per day could cost an underage driver at least $50 per day. With priceline.com, you should include these additional fees in your offer price. If your request is accepted, you will not be charged any additional Young Renter Fees at the rental counter.

Priceline Pointer: All drivers will be required to present a valid driver's license in order to pick up a vehicle and each driver's age will be verified. If the driver's age was misrepresented during the priceline offer process, the driver will be subject to underage fees at the rental counter or denied rental. Priceline is not responsible for rental car cancellations due to age misrepresentation."

This wil save you alot on rental bills ($25 average/day).

If you have any comments please feel free to reply! I hope anyone knows the answers can join :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The topic title of this thread is misleading...

With priceline.com, you should include these additional fees in your offer price. If your request is accepted, you will not be charged any additional Young Renter Fees at the rental counter.

While you won't be charged any young driver fees at the counter, you need to include this amount in your bid price. (see my bold emphasis in your quote above) So if a 25+ year old driver would need a $10 bid to be accepted, a driver under the minimum age would need a $35 bid (assuming underage driver fee of $25) to be accepted... so you're not saving any money, you're simply including the surcharge in your offer price.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]