Priceline Hotel: April in New York

phinfan
By phinfan,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'd start by reading some thoughts on Hotels in Times Square... there's no reason to avoid this area, but likely no reason to bid on this area solely either.

You can see hotels reported to the board in this zone in our Priceline Hotel List.

Are you looking for only one room? Since you mention "my family" how many guests do you need per room? What is your maximum bid for this stay? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* hotel vs. a 3.5* hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better?

Also, what are the correct dates of your stay... your topic title reads "April in New York" but the sub-topic shows dates of March 5-March 10.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information. April 5th-10th is when my family will be in NYC. Two adults and two kids in one room. I have been given the same advice by someone else about staying in the Time Square area (don't). Is there another area you would suggest for a sight seeing vacation in NYC?

I wouldn't necessary avoid the Times Square area... but i wouldn't necessarily avoid it either.

At the 4* level any of the midtown zones generally work quite well: MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, ESB.

At the 3.5* level i'd feel comfortable with MTW, TS, CPS, ESB, MSG... leaving off the MTE zone as i'd prefer to avoid the Millenium UN based upon its loation a bit too far east, imo.

However, PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupancy and not usually recommended for more than that in NYC since there are a high percentage of rooms with only one bed and little/no room for a rollaway. It will cost a little more, but i'd sooner search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children to ensure sleeping accomodations for everyone in your family. What is your expected budget for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$200 all-in isn't likely going to be enough for a 3.5* or 4* hotel for quad occupancy.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/2children, the 4* hotels are going for about $235 plus fees and taxes... 3.5* hotels start at $219 plus fees and taxes (and with NYC hotel tax at 14.5% you're looking at about $250/nite 'all-in')

There are a few 3* properties which would be within your budget, but not sure if you'd prefer to lower your star rating or increase your budget for a higher rated hotel.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

My family (2adults + 2 kids) will be in NYC April 5th - 10th. I would very much like to book the Double Tree Suites Time Square. I have noticed that there have been successful bids getting this hotel lately. Any tips/suggestions for me in getting this particular hotel???

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you ulitmately use HOTWIRE we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

What appears to be the Doubletree Suites is offered on HOTWIRE for your dates but at $245/nite... is this within your budget? There is no bidding on HOTWIRE, the price is offered and you either take it or leave it. If you were to try PRICELINE for this stay (where there is bidding) there is no way to target this particular property, and you run into the previously mentioned double/quad occupancy issue.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]