Priceline Hotel: 5* Manila--failed bids

rykos
By rykos,
in

I've been trying to bid for hotels in Manila Feb. 25-26, 2010.

Started with 5* Makati, S$70. Failed

Rebid with 5* Makati, added Pasay City/Airport, upped bid to S$75. Failed.

Rebid with added 4*, but lowered bid to S$70 again. Failed.

Will try again in a couple of weeks

About S$160 including taxes (so about S$130 without taxes--taxes are about 20% in the Philippines) is the best rate I've found for Intercontinental Manila so far (the only 5* hotel on the Manila list).

I could bid higher, but I'm waiting till closer to the date. I was told February was generally a bad month for travel in the Philippines, so I should be able to get a better rate if I wait for a bit. I'm not willing to go higher than S$90 which would be S$108 with taxes. Higher than that and I may as well book directly with the hotel to get points.

If the InterContinetnal has a fully refundable rate i'd reserve that in order to protect yourself from rates going up while you are waiting/hoping for them to come down.

If you do book direct please use the link(s) in our support page.

Good luck and keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update--I waited a week or two, then tried bidding again.

5* All areas, started at S$90--failed a couple of times.

added 4*, started again at a lower bid (maybe S$80?), and went up to S$100 (US$70--including taxes and priceline fee, it would have been S$140--about US$100).

All failed.

I can't believe 4* or 5* hotel rooms in Manila are really in so much demand that they won't accept US$70/night. I won't be trying again. My mother (for whom I was trying to book the room) is staying with family instead.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]