Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (CBD) JW Marriott

faithful96
By faithful96,
in

Many have been forgoing Priceline and Hotwire in this area for the Astor Crowne Plaza for $89.

REVIEWS are very good, but the downside is that it's "on request" for your dates, meaning that they'll have to contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their block rate... you have to place the order and they'll get back to you within 48 hours (usually less) with whether or not they could fufill your request.

Dont' know if the above works for you and you want to try to get that property or if you'd like to try Priceline or Hotwire instead.

Let us know and we'll advise a strategy for Priceline, help identify a hotel on HOTWIRE, or come up with other options for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right, it's the New Orleans Marriott on Canal - I see it on the Better Bidding list of possible priceline hotels for New Orleans, French Quarter. In fact, it looks like the only 4* in the FQ listed.

I tried French Quarter, 4* for $46 (that's what I've seen other people get here) and it was rejected for March 2-6. What is this free rebid thing? I've never seen it.

Right,that's the "Marriott New Orleans" (vs. the Marriott French Quarter), wanted to make sure we were talking about the same property.

The reason why i asked in particular is because that Marriott (new orleans) is sold-out for your dates.

Re-Bidding is explained here: PRICELINE BIDDING AGAIN BEFORE 72 HOURS. Please read this link and ask any questionst that you may have.

If you'd like a recommended bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and which zones you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a recommended strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok with my new found better bidding.com strategy, I have bid $46, $48, $50, $55, $58, $60 for either 3/3/05-3/6/05 or 3/2/05-3/6/05.

I am continually bidding a 4 star hotel (in the French Quarter). I keep closing the window and starting over - adding areas that don't have 4 stars or tweaking the date a bit and upping the price, etc.

So far, no dice. I have seen people get the FQ Marriott for $46, however I am wondering if perhaps the rates at the Marriott have jumped w/ the warmer weather?

Suggestions anyone? I am not ready to add another zone with additional 4* hotels...

Ug ug. I'm sorry.. apparently my feeble brain missed that. Where do you see if these hotels are sold out? Perhaps I'll switch the weekend.

If I try to build a Priceline vacation package for my weekend, the only two 4* hotels that come up are the FQ Omni and the Renaissance Pere Marquette. So.. if I add the CBD zone, I wonder if I will get the Renaissance Pere? Or.. I wonder how high I have to bid to get the FQ Omni?

Your bid has been accepted!

Marriott JW New Orleans

Central Business District

614 Canal Street

New Orleans, Louisiana 70130

504-525-6500

Check-In Date: Thu, Mar 3, 2005

Check-In Time: After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sun, Mar 6, 2005

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $39.66

Total Charges: $249.66

After my bid was accepted, 3 friends got the same results, with the same bid, and the same dates. Right now we have a total of 4 rooms. :)

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]