Hotwire Hotel: MTE 3 1/2 * 1/9-1/11

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Hi! I've got a reservation (cancellable) in Times Quare area for Sat and Sunday near the Hilton It's basically a 2.5* but I don't need much. Rate is $109.

Per Hotwire their only under $100. rooms are at a MTE 3.5* at $89.00. I'm tempted as it could be reasonably convenient. But I don't want to bay FAR away. I saw on the BB list of HOTWIRE hotels that Hotel 57 or something like that is a 3.5* but comments were that it's not so hot.

I'm thinking about bidding on PRICELINE (I'll us BB link of course) but wonder if I can get a 2.5* Times Square or MTE for much less than $85.00 for Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for youer help as always!

The above matches the Roosevelt Hotel, Doubletree Metropolitan and Tudor Hotel at the UN... so any of these would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. The UN one really puts out of the way and it'll be late. The Difference with taxes and fees for Hotwire is about $15.00/night less. Only using room to sleep 8 hours so I think I'll stay where I am. ALL Hotwires in Times sqaue are at least $119.00 before taxes and fees.

Not sure I''ll get a 3 star Times Square much less than $109. wincluding breakfast for Sat Sun.

Thanks as always for your help. I send lots of folks to BB.

Steve

The UN one really puts out of the way and it'll be late.

Just to clarify it's the Tudor Hotel at the UN and not the Millenium UN... the latter being the one that's very far east. While the Tudor isn't the most centrally located, it's not really that inconvenient, imo (and if taking a cab late at nite it's not going to cost you much more than $1 more than most other hotels in this zone)

But you know your plans and what will/won't work for your needs.

Have a great time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]