Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

stone
By stone,
in

Very Nice Win!

Congratulation on this extended stay at this property! Was this your first bid in the zone or were you rejected at lower levels previously?

As you'll be spending some time in the area, you may want to check out my list of things to see, eat, do in and around HOBOKEN and JERSEY CITY. If i can help you with the area at all let me know.

Enjoy your stay and thank you for posting your win to the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This was my first bid in the zone. I was hoping for the Hyatt, so I started with 3*.

Thereuare, thanks for the list. I will have a more detailed look at it when the time comes closer. I just have a different question. What would be the best way to get from Tompkins Square Park back to the hotel late at night. I was thinking about walking to the 9th street path station and then take the path train or taking a cab to WTC and take the train. Are there any better options? How much would the cab fare be to WTC?

Thanks for your help.

The walk to the 9th St PATH station from Tpkns Park can be a bit of a hike... there is a bus (number 8) that will take you there for a swipe of your metrocard (although late at nite mass transit can be spotty, with some busses running only once/twice per hour).

Heading to the WTC PATH would get you back to the Hyatt the fastest (since no transfer required when taking the 'midtown PATH line') and a cab should cost you under $10. There is a bus (No. 9) that makes that route from the park the WTC, but i don't believe it runs very late at nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I would probably take the LightRail, but it can be done as well via the PATH (but i suggest lightrail as there would be no tranfer needed, while the PATH would require one).

Bars and Restaurants are ubiquitous (<-- glad i remember something from my college SAT's) throughout the entire town... but the LightRail and PATH will both leave you at some local bars.

I was actually just looking earlier today and one of the bands i like (Better Off Dead) will be playing at Scotlandyard on March 2. My schedule has been tough lately, but i may try to go check them out for one set (there's no cover)... if you have an interest yourself let me know and i'll try to meet up for a drink.

If you'd like specifics on anything in particular in Hoboken let me know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]