Priceline Hotel: Venice, Italy April 14-17

felstut
By felstut,
in

I'm not sure if you are still looking. The PRICELINE map is not helpful to the average tourist. The zone for venice includes all the Islands excluding the Lido, Mestre is on the Mainland and not part of venice.

Most tourists want to stay in the central area, although train transport is available from Mestre you need to first get to the station wait and then time in the train, so I would say it takes one hour of time to get into the tourist area from Mestre.

But if you can get a room for very cheap maybe its worth it, my opinion only. I've been to Venice 4 times.

Thanks for the information. I have never been to Venice before so looking forward to the trip. We are trying to find a good deal for no more than $150/night. The lower the better. Trying to find the best deal. I did see a post for Paris that suggested best way to bid until $110, did not know if anyone had a similar recommendation on bidding strategy for Venice.

Thanks for the help!

...did not know if anyone had a similar recommendation on bidding strategy for Venice.

If you let us know which zone(s) you've decided upon we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am assuming you mean mainline Venice.The map on Hotwire and Priceline both include all the main districts of Venice including Dorosoduro, but not the Lido or mestre which is the Mainland.

I DO NOT suggest you stay in Mestre or the Lido. Not on a short stay, maybe if you had a week. I promise you will want to spend time centrally.

For some dates (not helping you) Hotwire is offerning what appears to be the Hilton Molino stucky a 5* hotel for 139 dollars/night! But the matches on your dates are not too helpful (hard to tell what you are getting)

One strategy is to bid up to your limit for an unknown on priceline, and maybe if you don't get it go for something else,

see below.

I've been to Venice 4 times and I am going again in September. I can recommend a place booked direct for about your budget, great location etc. I am staying there myself this September in a large room with a window on the Grand Canal, "my room" is 180/night, but others are less on the same property. Great location by the accademia bridge.

It comes highly recommended by people I trust who post on an italy board (I'm up to nearly 7500 posts now)

• 2 weeks later...
We are either going to get there on the 13th or 14th and check out on the 17th.

When will you know which arrival date you need? (or are your plans flexible that you'll arrive for whichever date you win a hotel for)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please start a separate thread for your 4/24 stay so that the bidding history of each can be tracked separately, and the hotel(s) ulitmately received for each stay can be reflected in their own topic title.

I know you were lowballing at this point in time, but based upon currently rates, i think you're going to need to be much closer to your $150 limit to be successful.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links for your bidding.

Keep us updated and let us if we can be of any help along the way.

• 5 weeks later...
I've been to Venice 4 times and I am going again in September. I can recommend a place booked direct for about your budget, great location etc. I am staying there myself this September in a large room with a window on the Grand Canal, "my room" is 180/night, but others are less on the same property. Great location by the accademia bridge.

Hello - could you please let me know the name of the place by the accademia bridge where you are staying in September?

Would this be good for a family of 4 in June?

Thanks!

scoutyyy - It might be a good idea to click on HenryCorgi's name in this thread, and then sent a message directly to him. That method will help make sure he notices your question.

With HOTWIRE, you can put in the number of people in your group.

Also, have you looked at www.venere.com (under the Support/Travel Links above). Sometimes they have some good deals. And don't miss the B&B tab there either.)

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]