Hampton Majestic Hotel

jentz68
By jentz68,
in

My wife and I are going to see Jersey Boys and would like to book the Hampton Majestic (it is attached to the theater were the show is). My wife has cancer and undergoing chemo. She doesn't want to walk several blocks in January and she doesn't like to ride in cabs. Is there a way to bid and be sure you are actually getting the hotel you want. Please help. I've never done this before.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's illness, and wish her the best of luck on her recovery!

The Hampton Majestic, unfortunately, has never been reported as a win on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, so there has not yet been a confirmation that the hotel works with either service.

If you provide dates of travel, I would be happy to see if I could find an alternate deal for the Hampton Majestic or one of the hotels right nearby (such as the Palmer House.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

WOW, thanks for your offer to help. We never travel because of her illness (it's been going on for 12 years) and I'm a real novice at this sort of thing. We were going to be in Chicago on Jan 8 and Jan 9. The show our kids bought us tickets for is the evening of the 8th. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

You have quite a few different options.

If you are staying the 8th-10th, the Hampton Majestic is on sale via Expedia.com for $95.20 per night, and coupon code 10NOV takes another $10 off = $85.20, which is definitely a better price than some other services are showing (Orbitz has it for $119.)

If you are staying the night of the 8th and the night of the 9th would be the Burnham Hotel, which is a couple of blocks North of the Majestic, on State. This is a very classic/elegant property - it was previously the Reliance Building, considered one of the first modern skyscrapers - and was restored to its original splendor, including many of the intricate touches of the original architecture. It also offers, as Kimpton properties do - a wine social hour in the evening. If you are staying 2 nights, then the price is discounted to $100.58 per night on Expedia.com. If you use coupon code 10NOV, then the price drops another $10 per night. If you don't mind being a couple of blocks away, this would be a really nice deal for a few dollars more than the Majestic deal above.

If you are staying 1/8-10, the Silversmith is also $73 via Expedia.com, on sale, although the above coupon cannot be used. This would also be a couple of blocks away, and, while not as ritzy as the Burnham, is another example of a very historic landmark building with nice architecture. That's a great price for this property, but I will note to call ahead and possibly request either a high room or room towards the back of the property, as this hotel is right next to the "L" (neat to watch as the trains go by, but it does cause some noise.)

When looking on HOTWIRE for 1/8-10, there is a 4* in the Loop zone with the amenities: fitness, business, pool, restaurant, internet for $79. The price you see may vary slightly. This is a likely match for the Palmer House Hilton, which is also close by the Majestic.

Please use the site's Orbitz, HOTWIRE or Expedia links, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions at all before booking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]