Priceline Hotel: 4* USW or USE in SF. DENIED up to $130 (12/30-1/1)

dominic13
By dominic13,
in

i started at $100 and stopped at $130...just threw in the towel. looks like last minute lodging in union square for NYE will need to start at least at $135/nt.

I haven't posted my trip yet...but I had the same trouble. I threw in SOMA and went back down to about 80 a night...then steadily went up to $100 and got Hotel Palomar in SOMA. Nightly rates there are $192 on other sites. I've been looking for new years dates for a while...let me know if you need help finding a deal.

rmistry,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It would be appreciated if you did share your results with the board (ideally as you receive them) for as you can see, the information can help other users.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you still looking to stay the nights of Dec 30 and 31st?

If you take a look at Priceline's Vacation Package (air + hotel) you will see a wide variation in prices, with hotels in the Embarcadero zone the cheapest. For example, a two-night package for 1 person from LAX to SFO is $730 at the 4* Hotel Nikko (USW zone). In contrast, the same two-night package is only $321 at the 4* Hilton Financial District (Embarcadero zone which is still easily walkable to the Union Square area). Keep in mind the air fare portion of each package is the same. The huge price fluctuation is the hotel rates. Looking at the vacation packages gives you a good view of what's what and can be a helpful tool when trying to figure out which zone is going to produce the cheapest hotel rates. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]