Priceline Hotel: 2.5* (Tinton Falls-Eatontown-LB) Summerfield Suite

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

made a same day bid for a hotel using Savingsbarn.com for the Eatontown, NJ area. I checked out Hotwire and it showed a 2.5* Suite Hotel @ $52 plus taxes of $13.95. Thought this might be the Residence Inn. Went over to Priceline, with no free re-bid zones, I bid $51 for a 3* and was rejected, added 2.5* zone and re-bid $48 and was accepted.

Your Offer Price: $48.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $48.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.08

Total Charges: $62.08

Considering that the Summerfield Suites does not get the whole $48 from PL, the taxes and fees amount to over 30%!! WOW! :)

The Best Rate for this property was $99.00 on the Wyndham web site, it looks like it has a pool, free breakfast and some kind of manager's reception during the week. Does this mean free adult beverages? :)

That manager reception had better include adult beverages :) (actually, at most it's beer and wine, which is fine by me)

Thank you for sharing the above information and adding another hotel to our growing lists!!

As well, your steadfast support of the SavingsBarn.com is greatly appreciated.

Hope you're enjoying your stay (and a cold beer as i type this)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alas, too many adult beverages over the Holidays have forced me to knuckle down and dust off my fading 1980's copy of the Scarsdale Diet.....I got lost trying to find the Summerfield Suites hotel, and when I called for directions, I was informed that the name of the property is Sunrise Suites. I had driven past this place three times trying to find the hotel. I complained to PL customer service, but the robotic responses from customer service reminded me that I bid for a 2.5* property no matter what the name on the hotel was. These hotel chains are both owned by Wyndham, so I got High Speed Internet at no charge, normally a $9.95 charge. This is an all suite hotel, with a door between rooms, but my room was really worn around the edges and in need of a good cleaning. The rooms feature a two burner cooking surface, microwave oven big enough for one bag of popcorn, and a refrigerator. The managers reception looked pretty decent with beer, wine and snacks, but I abstained. Free breakfast is also included. The indoor pool looked good and had a whirlpool spa adjoining the pool. There is a small fitness center with a lone treadmill and a few bikes, a step machine and a Universal Gym that was straight out of the late 70's. One unusual feature of this property is that many rooms face an outdoor courtyard, so you need to put your coat on, walk outside, then back inside to get to the elevator to get to the lobby. Maybe OK in the Sunshine state, but it is a pain in the Garden State during January!! All in all, for $48, this is not too bad and if you had to stay in this area for any length of time, this is a good choice. Also, this is not too far from some of the Jersey Beaches, I may have to return in the summer to show off my 6 pack abs; on second thought, maybe just a 6 pack!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]