Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken-Jersey City) Westin

roaming_jane
By roaming_jane,
in

Hello All.

I started with the link to PRICELINE. I saw that for all the areas of Newark/Jersey City on priceline, only Jersey City had 4* properties so I knew I would have a lot of bids at my disposal. I tried a few days ago starting with $70 going up by $5 each time until I was out of bids at $90. Still rejected. A couple days later, I went back on betterbidding and saw that someone got the W Hotel in Hoboken for $106! That's the property I really wanted. So I decided to try again.

So, I went back in and started at $90 in Jersey City 4*. Rejected. Priceline countered that with an addtional $22 I could get a guarantee. Passed on that. Added another area and $95 rejected. Added another area and $100 and was accepted for the Westin Jersey City.

With taxes and fees the total is: $123.94. I am very happy.

Do you think that if I had started at $106, I might have gotten the W hotel in Hoboken? The other bidder wasn't going for the same date as I was. Just curious on your thoughts.

Thanks for a great site!

Congratulations on your success. :)

PRICELINE rates and availability are both date-specific, and it's best to not go on what bidders may have won for different dates. Bidding more in an attempt to get a specific property very well may lead to overbidding for the same hotel you may have gotten for less.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]