Hotwire Hotel: 3* Anchorage (Anchorage Airport ANC) Millennium Hotel Anchorage

SeattleRedBear
By SeattleRedBear,
in

I'm doing some training in Anchorage this coming June (still six months away) but I know that's high season in Anchorage so thought I would investigate hotels. Turns out HOTWIREW listed a 3* for $79 for the duration of my stay, so thought I would see if PRICELINE could offer something cheaper. Since I'm not spending my own money, not a big priority for me to save money, but saving the sponsor at least some money means more money for other things.

Arrival 6/14/10 Departure 6/19/10 - 5 nights

I would be happy with either Downtown or South Anchorage-ANC Intl Airport as UAA is located south of downtown. Wasilla is listed as the third area but only has 1* hotels, so basically free rebid for all but my 1* searches. Each bid series started with South Anchorage, then added Downtown, then added Wasilla.

3.5* $60, $75, $90 (all rejected, last bid elicted a free rebid, so maybe close)

3* $64, $68, $72 (all rejected)

2.5 * $60, $64, $68 (all rejected)

2* $30, $34, $38 (all rejected)

1* $24, $28 (both rejected)

Ended up going with HW and ended up at the Millennium Hotel Anchorage for $79/night. I've listed the details of that win on the HW page. If I was more interested in saving money, I could have waited until closer to the date, but locking in a reasonable rate on HW now was helpful to the sponsor for planning purposes.

Used BB links to both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE.

Looks like this is new to the list.

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Millennium Hotel Anchorage (MU)

4800 Spenard Road,

Anchorage,AK,99517

(907) 243-2300

Summary of charges

Hotel rate per night - Hotwire hot Rate: $79.00

Nights: 5

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $395.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $50.83

Total price: $445.83

My unsuccesful PL bidding history is on the PL list. This hotel does appear on PL hotel list as a 3.5* but doesn't appear yet on HW list. Used BB links for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. Event sponsor was pleased as she knows how expensive Anchorage hotels are during the summer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]