CA Los Angeles Embassy Suites Airport North

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

Well, for $41 it was a great deal -- especially for my family. While the room decor won't win an interior decorating prize, it was extremely functional with a full living room (including fold out twin bed), a king bedroom, a refrigeratior and a microwave. Free hot breakfast was quite extensive and tasty, indoor swimming pool (rare in LA) was nice in winter, complimentary drinks with modest munchies between 5:30 and 7:30 a generous perk, and they even gave me free laundry detergent to wash my clothes in their coin laundry.

Who could complain, right?

Well, they did screw up something important for an airport hotel -- their hotel shuttle. After an hour of waiting for the shuttle at the terminal, my wife was given authorization by the hotel to simply take a cab and be reimbursed. The reimbursement part was nice, but nobody wants to waste an hour waiting for a hotel shuttle bus at 9 pm. She wrote a note to the hotel manager, we'll see if we get a response.

All said, you can't really go wrong at this price for these amenities, and just hope they fix their shuttle bus problems.

• 2 months later...

This hotel is a great deal for the $41 per night I paid. I have stayed at many ES hotels and this one is very nice for a older hotel. The rooms have been remodeled and have a nice look to them. I was given a room with a king and a pullout. They asked at check-in how many certs I need for the free breakfast and I was off to my room. The free airport shuttle took 45 mins and three phone calls to the hotel before I had to take a cab to the hotel. The hotel paid me back for the cab ($10) at check-in. The breakfast was also very good for a ES. Hope for this hotel as its a great bargin in the LAX zone.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at this hotel one Saturday night near the end of March while I was on my way to Japan.

Things didn't start off so well when the airport van zoomed past the Terminal 4 hotel pickup point without stopping. I had to call the hotel back and wait another 10-15 minutes for the van to come back. The front desk clerks were nice enough and apologized for the van problems.

I was assigned to a room on the 2nd floor. I know that rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors of hotels are thought to be inferior, so I figured I was put here because I had booked the hotel through Priceline. Since I got my room at a pretty good discount, I thought this was fair.

The room was pretty nice and clean. It was an Embassy "Suites", so there was a sort of den/living room and a bedroom. This den might be nice if you are traveling with a family, but I had no use for it since I was by myself.

The manager's reception was not worth it for me. I got a free Diet Coke, but the only snacks I saw were nachos and popcorn. Neither of those appealed to me at the time, so I took a pass. As I walked back to my room, I noticed there were 2 weddings taking place in the atrium area.

There didn't seem to be any shops around the hotel, so I decided to stay in for the night. Just as a was getting ready for bed around 9:00, the LOUD music started. I wondered where the noise was coming from, then I realized it was the entertainment at one of the wedding receptions which was taking place in the banquet room just below me. Unfortunately, the music was a combination of hip-hop and disco played at an extremely high volume. Normally I can sleep throught anything, but this was just too loud and too floor-rattling. I thought about calling the front desk and asking to switch rooms, but I didn't want to pack up all my stuff. After about an hour, I resorted to sticking wadded up Kleenex in my ears. I finally got to sleep and I was just woken up once more by the festivities below.

The next morning I had the free breakfast buffet. It was pretty good for a free breakfast. Basically, you start at a little booth where a cook makes you eggs or pancakes with sausage, bacon, and/or hashbrowns. Then you can go to the buffet line which has cereal, bagels, croissants, fruit, etc. All drinks are free too.

This hotel has some things going for it, but the fact that they allow loud music is not fair to the people who paid to stay there. Even though I have no way of knowking it for sure, I'm assuming that I was given such a room because I paid a discounted rate. But, at no time, was I informed that I would get an inferior room because I didn't pay full price. In my opinion, this is dishonest. Shame on Embassy Suites.

• 6 months later...

Just completed a stay at this property and it was excellent. Very clean, bright and well cared for interiors and rooms, generous breakfast, and the suites were quite large. Paid $43 plus taxes and fees on PL and felt it was a tremendous value. Only drawback is the shuttle from LAX is on request and doesn't circulate continuously as other nearby hotel shuttles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]